Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Auto-cursing test

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6356 days, 26 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2001 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

This is a nice way to test an item for auto-cursing before trying it on to find out. Just select the item as a missile. If it isn't already cursed, it'll glow in a black light, and then you can just remove it.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7893 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2001 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

Yeah that's a great way to do it. Though some people consider that as cheating, or something close to cheating anyway. Personally, I don't care much, since auto-cursing items aren't that common and I *never* put on any item being a potential auto-cursing item.

Locke Cole
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7645 days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 at 13:25 (GMT -5)

another "good" bug is missile duplication bug... it really rulez (especially with high-metal (adamantium eterinum) quarrels/arrows, and of course, slaying ammo)...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

7727 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2001 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

what bug, Stas?
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 06:50 (GMT -5)

don't you know missile duplicating bug?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

7701 days, 18 hours, 7 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

Nope, I don't know it either, please reveal it to us.

You make my life and times
A book of bluesy saturdays
NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

i know that this bug exists, but i don't know anything about it.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7893 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2001 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

The missile duplication bug is considered by *alot* as cheating, since it is more a bug than the put-auto-cursing-items-in-tool-slot bug is 'cus the latter is more a design error, which apparently have been around for quite some time despite have being reported, which suggests that TB does not intend to do anything about it.

Locke Cole
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 09:59 (GMT -5)

I don't have the time you tell you about that bug, I'll tell you later... lol
Lord of The Rings

Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

Don't tell it or you'll spoil someone's game experience. Sure I can resist to use such cheating methods but everyone can't...

And this has nothing to do with this topic: Just yesterday got my l50 grey elven necromancer sacrificed on the lawful altar. I had Trident, Crown and Amulet and I was trying to convert my necromancer from C to N=. So I sacced 10$ and suddenly dozens of solars swarmed me. I got away from the altar immediately and wasted them all. I though WTF just happened? So tried to sac again 10$. Again the solars swarmed me. Then I forgot that I was standing on the lawful altar: "Those solars make no opponent for such a great necromancer as I. What if I just improve my pole arms skill and bash them with TotTR?"

After that I hit solar critically...moments later I was sacced to some f***ing god. Even the l50 necromancer ability didn't help...I realized I had just spent two weeks of my life and died to some stupid rookie mistake. I have to get away from ADOM for a while...
NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 12:15 (GMT -5)

well, i 'll found this info without your help.

PS: Akron, IMHO, it's stupid:
tell it or you'll spoil someone's game
experience. Sure I can resist to use such
cheating methods but everyone can't...

You think that you are the most "resistant" here? If someone wants to win game incorrectly - it's his right to do that. And it's enough Cheat 'O Matic or WADOMF to do it without missile duplication bug. And why, finally, do you think that we are cheaters?
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

Yeah I have no right to say anybody is a cheater especially when I don't have any evidence of that. Maybe I put that all down in wrong way. I apologize for that.

Now can I ask that why do you need to know anything about such a small bug? I don't know anything about it and I'm not even interested in knowing that. And I'm not claiming that I am the most resistant here but I have spoiled so many good games with cheating that now I want to play ADOM without cheating.
NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

well.
no problem.

I want to know as much about ADOM as it is possible. That's because I ask. Just intersting.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

hmmm
1. Fire one missile away.
2. Take the rest (atleast 2) missiles out of the missile slot (in inventory, 'N')
3.pick oúp the missile you shot, and answer yes
4. Remove that one missile from missile slot
5. Add a bigger stack to the missile slot
6. Remove it
7. Add it again
8. Remove it

voila! if you had 3 missile at start, you sohuld now have4...after that 6 ...after that 10 etc
Lord of The Rings

NaZgul
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2001 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

lol.. how can it work? Strange bug..
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2001 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

try it out... those item stacks (heap of ) are buggy...
Lord of The Rings

Mindstorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2001 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

-=Back to original message.=-
An experiment:
You have the black torc unidentified yet.
Having Auto_Missile_Reload set TRUE drop them all [:d], drop the torc, and pick up ONLY it. Respond
YES. Effect - no autocursing, no other messages. Strange, isn't it?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: