Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ozone

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

4997 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

I'm in the air temple level and got a message: "The air reeks of ozone!" What does it mean? I looked in the GB (well, actually, I just did a quick search for 'ozone') but it's not there. Searching for 'ozone' in this threads only returned me stuff about the ozone layer :P
Oh, yeah, I get that message on almost every turn I take.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3088 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 08:49 (GMT -5)

Each time the temple burst with lighting sparks, and you are not in it, you can smell ozone. Which is created from oxygen when a high amount of energy is injected (like lighting bolts, or a laser - if you have a laser printer, you can check it... at least if you have an old pritner :P ).

Just a message to let you know - "You're in the air temple level!".

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2003 at 08:50 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 at 02:16 (GMT -5)

Yup :) Ozone... O3. Lots of it high up in our atmosphere, protects us from cosmic rays... that's why people are worried about the "hole in the ozone layer"...

This has been a Minute of Science with Iridia.

:P

(Actually, I just wanted to see if I could format my text for Subscript!)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 at 03:54 (GMT -5)

wow... *awestruck by the Minute of Science*

That's gonna be a bit annoying, trying to fight while my equipment gets burned down. Not gonna try this yet, just wondering around with my character a bit (though I got one corruption from it already).

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2003 at 09:50 (GMT -5)

you shoud be tough enough at this point to drop all of your items except a few rations of food and other select items. Go in, get out, move on.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

That's what I was thinking. Walk in butt-naked wielding two sis ;) I think I'm at level 27 now.

the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

well, you could actually use mithril or better items, they wont melt. Also artifacts. so bring in a weapon and shield you are good with. Crystal wont melt either.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3088 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

They don't melt. They still do get destroyed by lightning :P

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 19 hours, 16 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

They do melt. I've had at least mithril items melt in the ToEF, I'd bet only eternium items are safe. Though the chances of blessed admantium stuff getting destroyed are pitiful.

Don't know if they get blasted by lightning or not.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 04:27 (GMT -5)

Not gonna risk my adamantinum spear of devastation then...

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5635 days, 19 hours, 16 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 09:28 (GMT -5)

Hey, you don't have to believe everything I say. Go try, and let us know if your spear gets blasted. At least then we'd get to know for sure :P
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3727 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

Or you could go through without the spear, keep a save file, then go in with the spear, spend a few hundred turns there, and tell us if it gets blasted...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5585 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 02:44 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if adamantium items can melt but apparently they can be corroded by jellies. IIRC I had a character who was wielding an adamantium weapon fighting jellies and the weapon got damaged (not much though). If my memory doesn't fail me it would seem that adamantium weapons (and possibly armor too) are vulnerable. One could test it by only wearing adamantium armor and triggering and acid trap several times.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 07, 2003 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

I went in with spears of penetration and evastation (doesnt tell what metal its made of) and stayed there for a loong time. I'm not sure how long I stayed, but I sealed myself off between two doors and just waited. I went from Satiated (by divine mana) to Starving 4 times with a gnome wearing 3 artifacts and no burdened status. I lost rocks, potions, scrolls, etc (the ones I had just picked up, since I left everything else somewhere safe), but those two spears were untouched.

Not sure if I'll have the patience to do it again with eternium and adamantinum equipment. Doesn't take long, but well, I'm lazy :P

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: