Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Because I feel like typing.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7310 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 08, 2003 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

My friend just had a steel zombie generated on the Rehetep level of the pyramid :) Laugh with me people, laugh with me.

Show Adom to your little brothers. Its amazing what they come up with. How about delving into the small cave with a seventh level FIGHTER, coming up against a dark elven warrior INSIDE the damn thing and emerging with the water-proof blanket intact? I don't expect you to believe me. I know I didn't. He didn't even have poison resistance.

So, because I'm bored, maybe you can share with me 1) the highest level you've ever managed to retrieve that blanket, and 2) the most irritating monster you have ever had generated on the Rehetep level. Mine is a baby Karmic Dragon. Again, I'm not exaggerating. Rehetep sometimes seems easy compared to his goons.

Oh yeah, and L15 Necromancer + Paralyzation resistance + Blessed Sword of Sharpness + Dwarven Graveyard = All the experience you can take, with none of those irritating side effects.
You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2003 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

My Ex managed a level 9 Drakish Paladin with the blanket(She loved spitting on things way too much;)

The Rehetep level I got a Fire vortex:) Kill for me, my unwilling minion! :) 1 explosion and all I had to do was finish off the fire beetle and clay golem:)

Apart from the corruption:(
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5023 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2003 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Fire vortex!? LOL!!!

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 05:05 (GMT -5)

I've retrieved the blanket, using Invisibility, at levels in the late teens. Using Invisibility, Teleport, and Magic Map, it should be theoretically possible to generate SMC at any level and still get to the blanket and down stairs safely.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 10:49 (GMT -5)

I like to always generate the level when I'm at char level 1, that is always after my first visit to Terinyo. That way when I later go through the cave it'll have lots of weak monsters in it, and if I avoid killing them, I'll have not very many tough monsters generated. Then it's quite a safe passage through SMC and UD even after you've done the carpenter and puppy quest, provided that a summoner or a quickling isn't generated in there.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

low level quickling? why?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 13 hours, 34 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

Now you missed the point of my post. Probably, again, I wasn't very clear :P

See, I go in and immediately come out when I'm lvl 1. That moment many low level monsters are generated there. It isn't enough to exceed the limit of monsters there can be on a level at a time(that is quite high in the SMC). But all those low level kobolds, goblins and rats in SMC lower the chance of me bumping into tough monsters when I return, which could be generated after finishing the carpenter&puppy quest, and gaining a level of about 10 or so.

I mentioned summoners and quicklings, because they're difficult, if not impossible, to avoid when generated in the SMC, being of a higher level then you.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

yeah, i got what you meant, just forgot that a few higher level monsters could still be generated when you're level 10 and hasn't killed any weak ones.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: