Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Tip for the ToEF

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Bezrend
Registered user

Last page view:

3269 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

And I thought I was being clever.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

Dangit, I would've wanted to have a chance to mock you, and your post even came pretty fast... Oh well, learned a lesson again: better idle the forums some more.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7275 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 04:52 (GMT -5)

But still,it's not too late,ne?I MOCK THEE BEZREND. :D

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

*Resurrects thread*

What is the recommened level for tackling TOEF? I've played this game for 10 RL days and thinking of going in for the first time.

DRAKLING lvl 19 Monk wearing only artifects
DV/PV is 68/34, melee is +58 1d27+31, HP 291 speed 156

Can he handle the boss? I have no ROI but have 7 fireproof blankets. So I can't wear 7lb and equiping bows and missiles destroy them? Does DV help avoid breath attacks? I'm think of shooting it with arrows of slaying on berserk. I have lots of healing herbs.
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 00:38 (GMT -5)

Oh I am not immune to fire
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

Does spells of stunning, slow monster work on da boss?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

He'll probably dodge stun rays at least some of the time. Slow monster works on pretty much anything, so I'd say that probably does.

Yes, equipping bows and missiles will destroy them (though eternium missiles will be fine).

Recommended level... Depends. If you can take on Darkforge or the water temple and come out without any problems, you're ready. The RoI problem would, of course, be an indication that you should use caution. Generally, my characters don't do the ToEF until I've done everything else I can get to--somewhere around level 20, earlier for trolls and spellcasters with high effectivity in ice spells.

You will want level-3 fire immunity, and MANY healing items (you'll have to use spenseweeds one at a time from your pack since you don't have rings of ice). You're a Drakeling, and that means you'll lose HP in the ToEF no matter how resistant you are to fire.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/20/2004 at 03:28 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

The ACW can be stunned quite easily, at least thats almost everytime my tactic to get him of the altar

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6502 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 06:07 (GMT -5)

I've done the ToEF three times now, each at less than level 19, so you should be fine if you're careful and take lots and lots of healing items. Two =oI is not necessary - last time I had only one and I only lost one cloak.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5817 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

I have became extra careful when it comes to ToEF... usually I now go there with a character who atleast has a level of 25... I do everything I can do before going in there... the RotHK, find blubs mom, perhaps do a dive to I:50 and so on...¨

Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the advice, I just killed the boss. I keep forgetting to switch to thick gauntles to combat my only corruption. The 5 blessed potions of invisibility I prepared just for this are now poisoned. And I gained 40 cursed pepper petals.

*bongs head*

Draklings made it too easy, with the speed I can get 3 free berserks against demons before retreating a square. I misstimed against the ACW and got scratched and earned my 2nd corruption. I decided to be cautious and shot it dead with my lousy expendable bow and arrows, thanks to my 10 skill in bows.

Also being born in the month of candle means I can regenerate faster than the flames are harming me.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 09:31 (GMT -5)

drakeljings rock at ToEF... some may say it's harder due to their damage taking nature there (the fire thing), but with their speed... they just own. the two downsides are the damage and the low exp they get because of their speed there.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

You can always cast Slow Monster on yourself just before killing the ACW. Well, if you want to take the risk, of course.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 20:38 (GMT -5)

Doh! I just realised my ring of invisibility will not burn under elemental gauntlets. No need to drink potions of invisibility.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 02:17 (GMT -5)

You don't need rings of Ice, and when I get them I usually take off any flammable gear and just use the rings to protect my fireproof blanket so it'll last.

*In response to an off-topic question* I've gotten the minotaur axe, I was a paladin so I was able to do lots of melee and magic damage to kill the emperor and mages. I didn't do it very well though, my stats were thoroughly abused by the mages.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 07:34 (GMT -5)

You don't need rings of Ice, and when I get them I usually take off any flammable gear and just use the rings to protect my fireproof blanket so it'll last.

By the way, RoI doesn't protect the stuff you hold in your backpack, so the blanket will burn no slower than usual if you hold an RoI :E

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: