Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Eternium degradation

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7310 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

Adom ate my L15 Mindcrafter. I created a priest, and in recompense, it gave me seven league boots, bracers of protection +5, the scorched spear, mithiril plate mail and an eternium two handed sword within the first ten days. I am not kidding. And no 'give' doesn't mean I cheated ;)

Sometimes I think ADOM has a soul. Anyway I just wanted to know - What can destroy or damage an eternium two handed sword? I want to keep it forever. I can be hyper careful about this kind of thing, I just need info. Can a runic explosion? Fire breathers? Grey-oozes? Scrolls of Item destruction? Fireballs? Great heat? Can they be rusted?

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5612 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 04:01 (GMT -5)

Not 100 % sure about this but AFAIK:

-Runic explosions: yes
-Fire breathers: no
-Grey oozes: no
-SoID: yes
-Fireballs: no
-Great heat: no, unless one plays a weaponsmith and deliberately melts it at a forge
-Rust: no

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 10:43 (GMT -5)

I would say that it's safe from traps. Also safe from lightning damage (be it from a breather or in the temple) and acid I think. Just because I'm counting on those doesn't mean you should, though.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

As far as I know, the only way your eternium sword can be destroyed is by

- an annihilator
- an eye of destruction
- your god destroying your equipped items

anything else?
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 at 20:55 (GMT -5)

Yeah, something else. I'm not going to be able to charge this baby up, am I. Even though its normal for an eternium two handed sword, scrolls of increase melee damage/accuracy probably aren't going to be worth much, right?

I just found a scroll store, and I'm pondering buying me some stuff. My mithril chainmail and bracers of protection are history already, though :(

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

Depends on your sword's stats. Sometimes either damage or accuracy is zero or one or something low like that, and it's the other number that makes the sword so good. The one that's low is the one you can still increase.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 20:33 (GMT -5)

+18, +18

:)

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 1 hour, 56 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 09:38 (GMT -5)

At least scrolls of protection/defense always have a small chance of working (maybe 5% or so, a cheated char can get [+100,+100] items), so you probably *could* improve that eternium sword, but it would be a huge, total waste of good scrolls.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 10:47 (GMT -5)

yes... use them on a bow or other ranged weapon instead. You'll need missiles for things you don't want to touch (usu. because they'll destroy items in your pack).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Warlord -notlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

You'd need thousands of scrolls to make an item +100+100. I've edited some gamevalues, and got 1 million scrolls of prot. and I read about 200 on one peace if armor...I think it was elven chain. It went to 24+20(?).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: