Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Luring Jharod to Khelavaster

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 04:35 (GMT -5)

I asked about this in the "Dramatic Deaths" thread over in the ADOM forum, but my question got buried, and anyway is off-topic and too spoily for that thread.

Has anyone ever lured Jharod to Khelavaster? How did you do it? Turning him hostile gets him chasing after you, but then I can never manage to calm him down to lure him out of the VD. I believe I've seen him panic, so it should be possible to frighten him then offer peace. Teleporting him might work, but would be incredibly tedious.

If you got Jharod and Khelavaster together, did anything exciting happen?

To the "cheaters" out there: some of you managed to have ancient sage figurines of wondrous power. Perhaps you could use the same technique to create a healer and a dying sage in the same room and see what happens.

(BTW, is there a more polite term than "cheater" for people who use programs to modify their save files for experimental purposes?)
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7274 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 05:00 (GMT -5)

Interesting.I don't think it's ever been tried,and I don't think anyone would even care trying.But if someone could do it,that would be cool.Maybe you need to train your Calm Monster spell a bit more?

And no,cheaters will always be cheaters.Unless you prefer to call them criminals...but that won't be appropiate.This is just a game,after all.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

Yup, just call us cheaters. No way around it, I'd say. I'll edit the answer in this post when I'll find it out.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

What about 'hacker'? :)

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5657 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

I think that term should be left to describe someone who actually can hack something. IMO, using a memory editor tool doesn't count.

I guess I just don't consider myself a "1337 h4xX0|2" just because I can use a hex editor.

Sorry for being so negative, me despising the term "hacker" just dates back to when I used to play games such as Diablo online and some 9 year olds used to call themselves hackers when they opened up a trainer with Windows GUI and clicked on buttons. Gawd, that was horrible.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

Well,I once hacked into my canned sardines...with an axe,ofcourse.

Jonesy*U*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

I'll test it out in the old one, then the new one. Not guarenteeing anything though. I tried with figurines of the healer, but it doesn't work.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5758 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 08:51 (GMT -5)

Jonesy: if you can go into a bit more detail about that, I'll give you credit on my web page about Khelavaster. You went down to Khelavaster, then used a memory editor to give yourself healer figurines of wondrous power? Did using the figurines not work at all? Or did it work, but your summoned healers just wandered around aimlessly? If so, did you try talking to them? (You would probably just get the normal "Would you like to learn or do you want to be healed?", but I want to know whether you tried it.)
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

This was from G16p2. Figurines worked. Talking to them produced some weird message, like when you talk to hostile shopkeepers. They didn't heal Khelly. (had a uncursed and a blessed).
The uncursed one wandered around aimlessly, but the tamed one you could give orders to. I used WADOMF for it.
So I'll make a dying sage and see if the healer heals it.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Yep. I'll do it..... any day now. I'm a little lazy.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6713 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

how about petrifying them... although that wouldn't naturally work, because there is no way to get a petrified back to life. and the important chars are likely resistant... like thundraar prolly is... just a thought,

And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: