Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Talk about luck

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3114 days, 18 hours, 39 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 15:58 (GMT -5)

Well, I was draining pools in Darkforge in search of a AoLS for Khelly (one pool on D:4 only got me cursed and gave me teleport... without teleport control), and the first one also doomed me, took away 1 point of strenght. THe second gave and took some instrincts a couple of times. The third corrupted me, and then "What do you wish for?". Great! AoLS... then I remembered I still have that annoying teleportis, so I drank again and..."What do you wish for?" I couldn't belive my eyes. And ofcourse, forgot that this beastfighter does not have any 7LB... wished for willpower. One wish wasted, but still, I have more luck than brains ;P

Ofcourse I did loose that teleport and got teleport control later.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Achillies
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7400 days, 17 hours, 41 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2003 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

I entered darkforge on my birthday, had the anhk on, drained the pools, and got several instricts (including doomed and cursed) plus 3 wishes.

I know some say if the pool colors match the eyes that its more favorable, however that doesnt seem to be the case. Ive found that silver pools SEEM to be the best for dark elves, but would this be just a coincidece? Is there really a way to know if a certain colored pool will have better odds at giving good things? Or do we just bite the bullet and hope for the best?

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!".....Phoebus Apollo
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5611 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

I guess someone could do some research. Using the trick of editing temporary files to get a WoWi with a ridiculous amount of charges, get the char to L50 with all stats at 99 and try out the darkforge pools.

This would probably take quite some time but it could come interesting if pool color/character race/eye color/hair color actually had some effect on that.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Bezrend
Registered user

Last page view:

3272 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2003 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

There's a rumour (from fortune cookies, etc) that "Those of Trollish blood should drink from bloody pools." Haven't tried it, yet... I guess it's either false, or gives a better chance of wishes/good intrinsics.

roaar
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

bezrend, that's nonsense, i mean that fortune cookie message... It's been proved to be bullshit by various guidebooks :E
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7394 days, 7 hours and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 22:52 (GMT -5)

I've done the research on pools by save scummin on top of them so now I know what every message for each instrict/resistance is only for version 1.1.1 though all you need to do is ask.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5661 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

Chris, what you did was useless, the messages are in the guidebook, and have actually been there for many, many versions time.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6503 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 20:35 (GMT -5)

I was going to say that, but seems I was a bit late.

Hell, I even think that the ADOM Tourism site (which I can't even remember the name to right now), which had a bunch of spoilers for G10 (Yes, G10!) had almost all of those messages. Shows how long they've been in.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

356 days, 21 hours, 51 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

Yes the Drakolor Chain Board of Tourism had them.
It's still there though not much seem to work now. http://www.aleph-null.com/adom/

I have the complete working page at my harddrive.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: