Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / cute dog chaotic quest

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5017 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 21:20 (GMT -5)

I remember a few posts back when someone was talking about crushing the cute puppy with a mace then eating the corpse in front of the girl.
Since I started a new character (one of my first characters that got that far without save scumming... a hurthling priest who got invisible from a pool) and managed to get teh puppy corpse (was dead when i got to it), i decided to give it a try. Seems like eating the corpse in front of teh girl doesnt make her do anything, whether I told her or not that the puppy was dead. Also, cooking it does nothing, and nor does eating the cooked corpse.

It COULD be that she couldn't see me invisible though. Do creatures get enraged if I eat another of their species when I'm invisible?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7273 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 14, 2003 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

Why would you want to do that?You'll get cursed and doomed.

I found this particulary interesting:
Once,I desperately needed to level up,so I wanted to kill this goblin.The problem is;he's unhostile.And I really don't want to risk my already N- alignment.So I gave him a goblin corpse(which I killed earlier)and he became enraged and whatnot.So I killed him and leveled up. :)

It also works when they step on a corpse of their own species.Harsh.

As for the dog,I don't think the tiny girl would even care.Maybe you could give her a BIG DOG instead,and say:"He grew up."

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/15/2003 at 00:23 (GMT -5) by Anarchy2]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5656 days, 4 hours, 26 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2003 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

If you want to attack a nonhostile monster, attack them with a missile and aim behind them. That way the game thinks that you didn't attack them on purpose and your alignment isn't affected.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2003 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

Anarchy2, there was a post sometime back where we were talking about a character only doing chaotic stuff, even if ADOM doesn't count it as chaotic. Grinding the puppy to pulp then eating it in front of the girl was one of the things :P

Mean, I know, but I just wanted to test it out.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7304 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

It would be kind of interesting, playing right the way through the game as some kind of evil trollish barbarian or something. Like C- kind of evil. The game would change completely. Taking out Twyat Pare and Guthalak, and Terinyo itself, would become the first real mission. Taking out Dwarftown would be very difficult for when you reach it. But think of the stuff you could aquire from robbing shops and not even getting cursed :)

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5757 days, 15 hours, 7 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

Are you thinking of taking out Terinyo with a level 1 character? Wouldn't that be likely to get you killed (especially with a Barbarian, who'd have to melee everyone)? Perhaps you could ignore Terinyo to start with, and go toughen up in the ID until you were ready to take it out.

Another problem with ultra-chaotic challenges is that you're depriving yourself of most of the sources of corruption removal.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

I'd like to see the level 1 char who can nail the druid and Blup in terinyo, not to mention the shopkeeper :)

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3747 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

It's been done, usually with a spellcaster or assassin (poison).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 11:57 (GMT -5)

What? Really? I recall dying from one thrown gold piece of the shopkeeper :D

Wait, yeah, I suppose you could gain a couple of levels by first slaughtering some of the kids, farmers and goodwives. You don't have to face them all at lvl 1.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/22/2003 at 11:58 (GMT -5) by J.]
Kurupt #2
Registered user

Last page view:

7096 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 at 15:34 (GMT -5)

I wiped out Terinyo with a level 1 High Elven Archer... I killed all the inhabitants, saving the shopkeeper for last (by the time I killed him I reached Level 11) but then the shopkeeper's thugs killed me because I ran out of arrows. I suppose you could say I didn't quite kill off Terinyo because the summoned creatures finished me but I don't count them as normal locals...

And yes J, I started by killing all the children, farmers, goodwives as well as the tiny girl, Yggaz and Rynt and this took me to about level 5. Then I moved onto Blup and Tywat (who aren't so hard providing you stay away from melee). The Druid nearly killed me with his magic, but I managed to come out on top (I think I had to use a prayer though), although I used most of my arrows, and nearly died to Munxip's gold pieces whilst swimming around retrieving my precious arrows. I took out the shopkeeper using the magical island. Everytime I went on it however, he ran, so I stood on the island, fired a few arrows, swam across to the main part, got chased by him, swam back to the island, fired a few more arrows etc. until he died, and I nearly drowned doing this. Then I foolishly tried to retrieve my arrows and got surrounded by thugs and killed.

I got bored so I thought I'd regale you all with my great tales... or not. That's what happened from memory, I saved the .flg somewhere but I can't find it. But yeah, it's definitely possible, and I'm not even much of an ADOM player (having never made it past the Dwarven Halls after nearly two years of playing...)

Let this account be a lesson to you all - Remember your password!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3747 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 at 15:34 (GMT -5)

Hmm... A druid ought to be able to take out Terinyo. Lightning bolt + that island ought to be quite a lethal combination.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3591 days, 11 hours, 54 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

i think the druid is immune to lightning
For the Horde!
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7304 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

You probably didn't use a prayer, Kurupt, because if you were lawful (high elven archers usually are) your deity would have been VERY angry with you by the time you had wiped out the local people. I'll credit you with doing it without.

An elementalist could do it.

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

I never did managed to get rid of Blub.The bastard destroyed my valuable scrolls!

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3591 days, 11 hours, 54 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

I tried this but I with an archer. I went into Rynt's room and killed him, the dragon and the Sherrif and killed the druid but I couldn't get to the island before the thugs kiled me. I also got the heir talent so that was good.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

i should try that sometime

Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Could you lure the Sheriff,the Druid,and Blup into one building and lock them in with a locked door?I'd like to see the shopkeeper trapped in his own shop...

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

Hard to get a shopkeeper trapped in his shop, when you close the door he'll open it, and at least he can lock doors (locks 'em after getting hostile, "gone killing thieves, be back soon") so I'd guess a shopkeeper can open locked doors too.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: