Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Favorite Companion

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6186 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 at 22:14 (GMT -5)

Hehe I know there have been plenty of "favorite pet" threads, but I must comment on Greater Chaos Servants. >:)

I got mine with a Blessed Scroll of Familiar Summoning. Here is a little trick in case anyone didnt know: I read the scroll in the SMC when I was about level 15 so my familiar would be way higher level than normal... this resulted in a level 26 Greater Chaos Servant! I have lovingly named him "Rage" and he is currently level 31! My Troll Healer is still only level 18 muahahahahahaha! >:)

Anyway, Greater Chaos Servants have a very quick regeneration ability, lots of hit points, and do lots of damage. Just today I watched him waltz through a vault of Jackal Demons and leave a trail of blood - he seems to enjoy fingerpainting heh heh. >:)

Anyway, has anyone else ever had any successful rare pets? Post here. Very rare pets only!

--<>||<>--
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7429 days, 13 hours, 32 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 at 04:29 (GMT -5)

Most useful pet might be IMO Greater Earth Elemental. Walk through walls, does the same dance as yer GCS, tosses huge rocks (ouch), regens. Very handy companion, 'cos u don't need to wait for it to follow u. It just appears from some wall in few turns =)

Maybe the most exotic "pet" for me was w/ this necro. I managed to get my hands on Ratling Bard's corpse ;-). Too bad that there seemed to be some sort of bug with ultra-fast pets (v1.0.0 IIRC), 'cos he just stopped for a few rounds and just stood still doing' nothing. 'twas very annoiyng. But Filk the vampire was VERY powerful :). Made him intentionally a vampire, because I think those Liches that necros can make @lvl50 aren't really that good :)

Icesus
Milla Talyyn
Registered user
The Immortal Scribe

Last page view:

6324 days, 8 hours and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

Ah, I once had a Fairy Dragon with my elvish bard. He died at level 3 but I discovered that the dragon was pretty useful at teleporting stuff away.

Milla Talyyn, the immortal that writes things down.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6499 days, 57 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

ElDeR cHaOs GoD, who had a fine time kicking Khelly's arse in Terinyo, and then turning me into a chaos being.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7305 days, 4 hours, 15 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 at 20:49 (GMT -5)

Oh, my mistake, I thought this was a SERIOUS forum Jonesy :D Should they have a forum dedicated to cheating spoilers? Something like,

"I just can't decide! A wand of wishing with 50 million charges at level one, or should I just save scum throughout the entire game?"

Gnomish bards pet racoon is almost cheating. Insane PV for its level, digs, and with that gemology skill at level 100 it will find you plenty of nice little gems to hang on to. I like training it to level 7, then going through SMC with my bard still level 1 :)

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7274 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2003 at 07:43 (GMT -5)

2AssWhipser: The speed thing is not a bug.You have to issue a command to your companion in order for it to follow you around and not stand there doing nothing.I just discovered this recently.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6186 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 at 15:03 (GMT -5)

Oh! >:) I forgot to mention one important thing about the Greater Chaos Servant - he can see me while I'm invisible. >:) That tops 'em all I think, so :P. Hee hee!

--<>||<>--

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: