Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Fun with Gremlins

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6664 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm a level 8 wizard in level 4 of the ID, and I noticed there was a mass of gremlins, so tried wandering to it's source. By the time I got there the one spell I read (magic missile) had run out, so I was forced to beating on them with my dagger. It went from level 2 to level 6. :)
I've found about 4 million spellbooks and misc. items in here. I got the disarm trap spell, and I'm working my way to the trap. After about 700 kills I realized I was a drakeling, so I have that to fall onto also. I found a few magic missile spellbooks, and it's up to +18 :)
*sends a string of cuss words at that water trap*
Anyone else have fun stories like this one?

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

Jepp. orchish assasin on lv 2 of CoC finds seven league boots. Exactly 7 seconds later he hits a door and Boom. Bye bye SLB.
He was killed about a minute a later.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5024 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 at 22:38 (GMT -5)

ouch

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

Playing 6-7 barbarians in a row, then start a beastfighter and get an eternium two-hander in the SMC. My fav.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 01:55 (GMT -5)

its shit like that that makes me think ADOM is alive. I swear, the game wants to be played properly, and rewards that. Ive also felt the game gets upset when you start too many of the same characters in a row. Too bad your beastfighter got rewarded with a weapon he could not use.

Ive been killed fighting Andy with beastfighter. They suck at spears, even if trained. Maybe I shuold use arrows, or fight barehanded and put the trident back on when he is critically wounded?

any sggestions?
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7281 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

I believe that the more psychically powerful characters are impossible to win the game,unless you have excellent equipment,etc,etc...

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

No, you just have to be a good player, know what you're doing and not take any chances at all. I know this from experience as I've never won the game legitimately.

Demon and humanoid slaying ammo are great choices against Andy. To be sure, be very fast, like 400 speed or something. Wishes help. I wouldn't waste my time trying to get my beastfighter to understand which end of the TotRR is the sharp one.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/25/2003 at 18:39 (GMT -5) by J.]
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7311 days, 13 hours, 3 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 20:27 (GMT -5)

Adom crashed, killing my highest level mindcrafter ever. My VERY NEXT character found an eternium two handed sword, bracers of protection +5 and SLB in the small cave.

It was trying to say sorry.

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

i just created a gray elven assassin and was planning on dual wielding daggers, training for needle and sting. first weapon i find? orcish spear of mayhem 3d8+5, if i remember right.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 00:56 (GMT -5)

I think, ADOM doesn't descriminate, it hates us all the same. UNLESS you get on it's good side a.k.a. lucky/fate smiles.
Then it loves you, and does it's best to keep you alive... then there's always the evil munchkins that blow up your rings of luck. :-/

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7281 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 01:28 (GMT -5)

Love?No.ADOM hates you,me,and everyone.It doesn't show any mercy...never... *cough*

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2004 at 01:31 (GMT -5) by Anarchy2]
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 03:26 (GMT -5)

True. So very very true. Yet somewhere deep inside of me, I do hope that at some point, it will begin to let me get back to the winning side...
It at least BEGAN to like me again, my drakish wizard is lvl 19, and he just did the ToEF (that's a first for me!) and has a Ancient Karmic Dragon pet... too bad he's at the top of the place and I didn't feel like dying. *sigh* You win some, you lose some.
I was a Champion of Balance (I though I was just going to get pre- :-/) But can I go and become a Lawful champ now?

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 04:03 (GMT -5)

ADOM reminds me of my pregnant teacher. Mood swings.

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 14:20 (GMT -5)

Jurne: If you're saying that you were a champion, then changed to another alignment thus making your god angry and losing the championship, then no, you cannot get crowned again. The other gods won't trust you.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 17:57 (GMT -5)

Thx J, I remembered that later that night :)
Will I be able to make the Neutral god happy again and re-champion? (I know I won't get the artifact and stuff again, but still)

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

No, no god will trust you, especially not the one you betrayed.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

*sigh* I died... I talked to the eternal guardian, and didn't have the ring... then I tried to berserk him because he was stuck in a web. He, well, got out :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: