Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Banshee

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5862 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

Merry christmas everybody!
I'm a first time poster, long time lurker :)

Anyway, not sure if people know this and its not in the guidebook me thinks...

I was just messing around with my mindcrafter who'd closed the gate and thought i'd wish for a banshee in the animated forest cos i'd never done it before and heard it was fun. After a while i got bored so thought i'd kill him off by unplugging my ears cos i'd never been killed by it before. Anyway it screamed but i got the message "my amulet vibrates in a desperate attempt to stop the scream" or somefink like that, i was wearing an uncursed protection from undead at the time. This happened five times before the amulet finally failed and i died. I found this quite interesting, and i'm guessing a blessed amulet will probably make you immuse to the scream, i go investigate now :)...
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 14:21 (GMT -5)

Maybe not immune, but highly resistant. Didn't know this before, though it makes a lot sense. gj Ferret.
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

Update:

Just been testing and found out any status c/u/b of the amulet will protect you from from the scream exactly FIVE times before it breaks and you die
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

Wow, great discovery, and a real use for the amulet! Yeah, I bet it does SOMETHING against other undead, too, but don't know anything specific.

Post this on r.g.r.a if you haven't already, so that it'll end up in Andy's Guidebook.

Did you do many testings, so is this reliable?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 19:49 (GMT -5)

Ok i found out what the amulet really does!

The amulet prevents instakills and instead does about 170 damage which explains why it always took five turns to die! (my max hp is 850) Silly me, i wasnt watching my hp when i was first testing.

The status of the amulet doesnt appear to reduce/increase the damage...its always around 170.

LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7306 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 at 20:24 (GMT -5)

I do not have any evidence, but I have long suspected that AoPFU are identical to the paladin class power.

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5019 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 07:09 (GMT -5)

argh, i just lost my dwarven paladin. i was almost getting to the banshee, wanted to back up and see if he had any resistance against her wail.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7306 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

Just a thought, on the D50 level, if you wish for a banshee, will it kill all the balors/servants/WmoPc/etc for you?, making it easier for you to close the gate?

What do you Wish for?_
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5607 days, 18 hours, 26 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

Majin: WMoPC:s are probably out of question, those slime balls probably don't even have ears. Balors are AFAIK humanoid so it just might work. I guess chaos servants and -wizards are also human.

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Majin unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 18:19 (GMT -5)

but if WmoPc are just goopy chaotic oozes that constantly sprout claws/teeth/horrible nightmarish protrusions, it'd be possible that somewhere in amongst the ooze there would be an ear or two ;)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3111 days, 6 hours, 59 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

Banshee kills everything. Ofcourse you can't kill somthing that doesn't live, so constructs (golems&elementals) and undead are immune to her wail of death.
But WMoPC still have ears... propably even lots of them :P And they live. So it should work :D But I wonder how experianced would the banshee get from killing all those balors, chaos wizards and the other stuff.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

Very. Construct a wall of locked doors (remember WMoPC and balor can knock them down) and keep it between her and you at all times.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 17:23 (GMT -5)

So maybe it also makes it less likely that you'll lose strength and toughness, or age when fighting undead. But then what to AoPFConstructs do? There's no stat draining or instakills there.
BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

7273 days, 8 hours, 41 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 13:27 (GMT -5)

I've had an AoPFConstructs protect me from a steel golems firebreath so maybe it blocks special abilities.

People stabbed in the face don't talk much
     Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?