Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / great water dragon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 05:40 (GMT -5)

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! i just feel like posting something here cuz i finally killed that dragon (after dying at least 20 times...) and gained 6 levels in the process. it was pretty hard.

first i dropped an arrow, then picked it up, read a scroll of darkness, then hacked away. she was scared the whole time afterwards, so i went in and looted. got a wyrmlance, equipped it, picked up another item to call her back then threw a potion of blindness at her. afterwards it was just a matter of hitting as hard as i can and hoping that she wouldn't 'bump' into me when blind.

sorry blup, i got stuck in the ToEF, so i'm doing all these little side quests :P

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7396 days, 7 hours, 51 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

Don't say sorry to Blup hes a ungreatful little worm when you tell him where his mommy is hes just flies off with no gift left behind and not even a thank you so all you have to do is tell him where his mom is then go kill her that way you never see him again not even in the underwater cave. Because if you kill her before telling him where she is when you next enter Terinyo he gets hostile and tries to kill you and says something like "YOUR A MOMMY KILLER NOW I WILL KILL YOU" which is impossible because if you have water breathing his water breath attack does nothing and he's way easier to kill than his mom.

Oh I almost forgot if you kill Blup then go to the Underwater Cave instead of Shyssiryxius saying "HAS YE SEEN MY BABY?" she says "*DIE*" and attacks you on seeing you.

p.s

Spoiler
Shyssiryxius usually gives you 95000 exp so if you want to cheat and get to lv50 really fast just find out the tmp file name like adtl_"??" and just save it in the wilderness once you've mapped out her lair then copy the tmp file from the tmpdat folder then paste it into another folder then go kill her and save it, then copy the tmp file back to tmpdat and overide it then repeat and to do this you need a climbing set and a climbing skill of 100 cos when you copy tmp files mid game in version 1.1.1 it teleports to next to the Stone Circle

There Taz it was a lot of typing but I hope it helped you.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6505 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 18:21 (GMT -5)

It's quite stupid to kill blup's mom before you tell blup where she is. You get a nice artifact if you live long enough. (Level 36 for regular games, or level 16(!) for those with the Raven starsign.

I'm pretty sure that that cheat doesn't work in 1.1.1.

There really is no point to copying the level over and over again when you can just take a memory editor and edit your EXP.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

and those two (copying level and hex editing) are a bit too much for my lazy brain :P
actually, i could figure both out, but save scumming is as much cheating as i'm willing to do in this game.

yeah, i made sure that blup had already flown off terinyo before i killed her. didn't get the spear yet though (wasn't sure if i'd still get it if i killed her before i reached level 36, but i'm just playing with daggers now... already got needle).

i wonder what happens if i'm at level 35, kill her, get to level 36, get the spear IN the water cave, then gain a few more levels?

i think i got like 2.5million xp points from killing her, and that's from the monster memory.

PS: look guys, chris is being nice! how about you guys give him another chance?

PPS: chris, i'd suggest you to stop offering cheats, we know that you can do it and if i ever want to cheat (not likely, unless it's for experimenting, can't make the game too easy, lol) i'll ask for help in the forum, i'm sure that other players would do that too :P i mean, look at jonesy, he knows how to cheat and i bet he's willing to teach me if i ask, but he doesn't advertise it in every 5th post, lol

PPPS: i should put all these 'PS's in a new thread, but too lazy.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 13:33 (GMT -5)

hurray for Jonesy. Really.
For the Horde!
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7396 days, 7 hours, 51 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 22:59 (GMT -5)

I didn't say to kill Blups's Mom before you tell Blup where she I said what would happen if you did because I experiment with these things.

And thanx to Jonsey for tellin me the exp lv needed to get the Rune Covered Trident.

P.S Taz ok you made your point about cheating from now on I'll only tell ppl if they ask.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 07:14 (GMT -5)

You mean that if your not a raven you ca't get the trident before lv 36?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 2 hours, 23 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

that was me unlogged

For the Horde!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

yep, i think taht's the way it goes. that's why raven allows "messengers to reach you faster" i guess

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: