Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Classes And Races

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5606 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 00:52 (GMT -5)

qpax: The other one (let's not start arguing again about fake/real, okay ?) or me ? Don't know about the other one but I'm 33.

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5018 days, 4 hours, 34 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

lol

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5656 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

I'm 17**. qpax, do you get the feeling that I'm younger than that from my posts?

J., sorry if you felt at some point that I was insulting you or something, guess I was just being "funny" again. Also didn't mean to start any big debates or anything.

^Kinda said that earlier, but that's for our non-finnish friends.

**...but for one day more only! >D
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/28/2004 at 13:58 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6662 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

Suomi Rulaa

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Spamming is bad enough, but spamming in weird languages...

You get the idea.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5018 days, 4 hours, 34 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 00:28 (GMT -5)

lol, so i guess he didn't type a grossly mispelt "sumo rules" in english :P

happy bday J. ;)

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Right, back to the topic. Beastfighters really rule. I've been playing a gnomish beastfighter, going bare-handed all the time. The char has unarmed combat at level 9 or 10 (can't quite remember) and just slaughtered Rehetep in melee. In the top level was also a corruptor and a troll king and they were also dispatched relatively easily. Well, I did soften up that corruptor with arrows before finishing 'im up in melee.

One problem. Thrundarr wants the char to slay a ratling warlord. Haven't seen one in current game, IIRC. Where is the best place to find one ?

J.

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

I usually find one in the tomb.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 15:37 (GMT -5)

I use now Beastfighters!
They rule.

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Right, I found a ratling warlord in ID. Right now I'm slaughtering steel golems in Darkforge - barehanded ! Beastfighters really are insanely powerful ! Just recently got crowned with fire immunity and natures companion, thanks to pacified bigroom where I collected piles of stomafillia. Sacced 100 blessed stomas and got crowned.

New problem. I'm thinking of getting RoHK next. But I don't have a climbing set. Any idea where I could find one. IIRC one place had one, was it the pyramid or what ?

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 16:54 (GMT -5)

About ratling warlords: I find them quite often in the HMV.

The pyramid might have one in the tool niche on the first floor with the pick axe and thieves picks, but I can't remember for sure. There's a climbing set in the gremlin cave I think.

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6498 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 17:50 (GMT -5)

Yes, there is a guarenteed one in the pyramid and I *think* there is also one in the Gremlin cave, but I'm not 100% sure.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

Yup, Gremlin Cave has one too.
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7163 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

human/ high elf rangers. best.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3592 days and 4 hours ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

what month for the rangers?
For the Horde!
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 at 08:39 (GMT -5)

Candle for every race/class
BlackDragonIncarnate
Registered user
NotAllThere

Last page view:

7271 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

A fun class to play sometimes is a gnomish bard under a sign with talent bonuses. It easily gets 5 talents in the beginning and gets 5-6 skills a level.

People stabbed in the face don't talk much
     Mostly they just gurgle
          And bleed
    -Black Mage
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 at 05:44 (GMT -5)

Hey! I just tried Orchis bard born in month of book or dragon, its really good!

Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7163 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 at 00:44 (GMT -5)

when everyone plays do they restart the game till they get the sign they want? i do sometimes when i wanna get specific things.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

I do that sometimes too.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 at 07:16 (GMT -5)

I do, it has a huge impact on the character. Mostly I go for Candle. But since Adom hates me, it takes forever.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3748 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 02:45 (GMT -5)

Yes... I have preferences as to which races/classes are best with each month; but if a month of the Salamander pops up and I don't want to play a spellcaster, I'll just leave the Drakalor chain and start over.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7035 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

I found myself choosing the obvious race/class selections for each starsign everytime, and discovered that I was never playing half the available combinations. Since I didn't like limiting myself, I started randomizing the gender and race/class - only to discover that I was then not taking advantage of the birth sign!

So... now I keep restarting until I get a randomly selected race/class that works well in my judgement (which is admittedly poor in general - ask my wife), which in retrospect is just as effective as selecting them manually in the first place.

I'm going to re-read this thread a few times until I've picked a new process.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
EnjoyTheSauce
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 20:44 (GMT -5)

I have a Unicorn Hurthling Mindcrafter going right now. He started with a ludicrously low strength of 3, but now he's level 9 with st 8 (a rather promising character right now - I consider them decent if they get to lv. 6, good if they break 10, and my best ever was only lv. 20 - an heired drakeling bard. Aside from him, my best is level 13.). Hurthling mindcrafters are really good if you can deal with the starting strength.

Pre-post edit: Make that 'had'. Stupid outlaw groups.
BOb
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

GNOMISH ARCHERS RULE!
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at 22:25 (GMT -5)

Everyone is going on about beastfighters in this forum. Don't monks have a stronger unarmed attack?
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

I notice my elves have very little HP when leveling compared to other races of the same class. Is this due to race or To? Does To work retro-actively?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5606 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 01:33 (GMT -5)

Larrack: remember that monks are severely handicapped by burden. When unburdened a monk indeed does loads of damage unarmed. But if a monk is burdened, even by one stone, the damage done drops to pitiful level. Beastfighters OTOH are not much (if at all) affected by burden.

Also, I could be wrong, but ISTR that monks also are strongly affected by what they are wearing and a monk can't wear much more than a robe without being severely handicapped.

I'd say beastfighters are more of a ruff-n-tuff basher class while monks are martial artists. And monks are probably better in learning spells than beastfighters. Still, I prefer beastfighters as they are not so badly handicapped by burden or what they are wearing.

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 01:37 (GMT -5)

Interesting.. so beastfighters can wear platemail or something?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5606 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 02:54 (GMT -5)

AFAIK, yes. Can't quite remember if my beastfighters have actually worn platemail (haven't been playing ADOM much for quite some time) but it would seem that the only piece of armor beastfighters don't seem to like is shield (it reduces their damage-dealing abilities a lot).

And even though beastfighters rabidly dislike melee weapons they can quite effectively use missile weapons. My latest BF relatively quickly trained thrown spears to level 6 in the big room using a stack of 36 spears. At high levels that should be quite an effective weapon. And when one gets the RCT from Blup's mom you're rockin'

Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: