Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Statues!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6333 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

Guys! I just found out something about the statues in the ancient complex.

When you kick them, they eventually break...

When you do, you will either be given a treasure or a message that suggests the bugs in the complex suffer in some way.

Here are notes on the treasures based on what I found inside the statues... This is great. @_@

-All of the treasures will be cursed.
-Any weapon, missile weapon, or armour will have BOTH a prefix and a suffix. Each will be GOOD.
-Any wand will have 25-100 charges.
-All scrolls will come in a nice bundle. I got six scrolls of chaos resistance.

I'm excited right now, so I'm probably leaving something out. *Shaky grin*

Oh, don't tell the newsgroup. Those guys are lame. *Big smile* Besides, I like having credit for finding something (even something this small), which I wouldn't get there!

[Edited at 13:22, Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by Palagran]
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7316 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

I KNOW. I POSTED FIRST ABOUT MONSTERS BEING ABLE TO USE STUFF, AND WHO GETS CREDIT? NOT ME!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

Yeah! Those guys are faschist. Y'see the "credit" they give people on the Guidebook? It's in the intro section that nobody'll ever go to. Yet, what's on the bottom of each of the pages? Copyright, Andy Williams. What a jip.

Anyway, I wrote down all the stuff I got. Since I don't cheat, it'll be a while before I get another PC to go down that road again.

All of these are cursed.

12 crystals of health
6 scrolls of chaos resistance
24 scrolls of magic mapping
8 potions of ultra healing
wand of fireballs (100 charges)
wand of door creation (100 charges)
wand of teleportation (25 charges)
12 winged quarrels of slaying (-1, 2d6)
holy heavy club of devastation (+2, 5d10+8) [-1, +0]
holy two-handed sword of devastation (+3, 7d5+9) [-1, +0]
barbed trident of hunting (+5, 3d5+7)
viligant adamantium plate mail of travelling (-2, -4) [-2, +11]
padded elven chain mail of resiliance [+0, +5]

The other message was yielded twice.

[Edited at 22:06, Tuesday, August 14, 2001 by Palagran]
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7623 days, 5 hours, 21 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

hey! I got *exactly* the same items yesterday!!

and yes, Andy sucks (= is from the deepest pit of arse)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7870 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

I would just like to point out that the NG does not care if they get credit or not for their discoveries. They all personally know that they can take credit for discoveries, if they wanted to.

Btw, reading the intro page on whatever guide is quite a good thing to do. Don't y'all read intro-pages when you start reading a new guide?

Oh and one last thing: What's so good about credit? In this particular case anyway. Oh! So you want people to say: "Good work! Now we know!" and then it turns out that someone else actually knew before you did... *shrugs* Blah!

P.S. No offence intended of course. :) D.S.

Locke Cole
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 22:27 (GMT -5)

meh...it's just the idea. I don't really care if someone knows I found something or submitted this or that idea...but when someone else tries to get credit for it...THEN you get angry. Cause if anyone should be getting credit it's you.

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

Goodness. It looks like these are the items you always get. :/ What's so good about a wand of door creation with 100 charges? :P Cripes, this is much less exciting now. :(
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 at 23:04 (GMT -5)

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST SAID? OH MY GOODNESS!!!

I read your post over and over Palagran...cause I knew something was in it that had caught my eye once. Then I realized. WHAT CAN U DO WITH A WAND OF DOOR CREATION WITH 100 CHARGES IN A CERTAIN LIBRARY WHILE MUTE?

What if TB coded in the Weird Tome readability?

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

100 chrages!!! HAH!!! I counted it presonally, it needed something like ~450 charges...

Palagran>was your char a wizard? I'm just now playing (cheated, testing) archer game, he is invisible and standing in front of the main hall, has 60 arrows of thunder (made them herself ;) but those darn bugs can see me when I shoot them... I must get teleport controll, and wand of teleportation (I found pool on CoC:1, so teleport controll isn't that hard, but for WoT:
either wish for it or go and get it from the dusty cave)...

but holy two-handed sword of devastation (+2, 7d5+8) [-1, +0] *is* good :))
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7749 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

Even if you could get the wierd tome using wands of door creation you cant read it.I guess we'll have to wait for the next version to see if its readble.According to NG all that a bard with 100 Lit nad 100 music managed to get this out of it
was that were a few musical notes in it.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Dou you think TB should give out in a wand of door creation with 450+ charges hidden somewhere?
Yes  No
Check results

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

lol...maybe if the bard tried to play the book! hehe

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2001 at 20:39 (GMT -5)

Yes, I thought of that after I posted it. I didn't think it would come up.

My PC is a drakeling archer.

You can't teleport inside the complex.

Perhaps someone can play the notes in the book other than the PC. The Minstrel or Filk should be able to.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 17, 2001 at 03:12 (GMT -5)

hm... I just got in, and yes, the items were the same... stupid, IMHO, to make non-random items in exactly the same statues...

<<Perhaps someone can play the notes in the book other than the PC. The Minstrel or Filk should be able to. >>
if you're right, there would be something in the exe... maybe I try to search it...
Lord of The Rings

Jacknife
Registered user

Last page view:

8108 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2001 at 00:04 (GMT -5)

prehaps there is some special purpose to those specific items...

-Peace Out, War In
-Jacknife
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7749 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 16:02 (GMT -5)

Mabye Jacknife is right.There might be some other purpose...mebbe something for the next release

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

I think it's TB's personal HoF: where all his friends, his "beutiful girlfriend" etc are... nothing else... those names are anagrams... maybe somebody should find them out... :)
Lord of The Rings

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

Anybody who wants to decipher that raise your hand. *raises Stas' hand enthusiastically* yay! go Stas. have fun!

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

lol
Lord of The Rings

Crimson_Fox
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2001 at 02:00 (GMT -5)

Originally posted by Tekki:
WHAT CAN U DO WITH A WAND OF DOOR CREATION WITH 100 CHARGES IN A CERTAIN LIBRARY WHILE MUTE?

That's *alot* of work... The easiest way I found to get him out of the library is to use a monster as a lure. I trick the monster into attacking him (ventriloquism works well here) then teleport the librarian. I walk over to the stairs with the monster following. With a little luck the librarian will come around looking for the monster and will walk over to the stairs as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't have to be mute. I got him to give me the Weird Tome by leading him to the rift and talking to him there. I *think* the trick is to not talk to him while in the library.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: