Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Newsgroup

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6360 days, 23 hours, 21 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 22:01 (GMT -5)

Somebody on the newsgroup asked if anyone finds the Crown of Science useful. People responded, saying it curses, dooms you, and causes corruption. They all think that! So far, I think all of the regulars have posted in that thread and nobody has said a thing. I'm tempted to post a message that says, "Uhh. The Crown of Science doesn't cause corruption," just to watch their mouths drop.
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7343 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2001 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

it doesn't? oh yeah! now I remember...DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

Ack! I went back to the newsgroup. Somebody just beat me to it, and he wasn't even hostile. I SO would have made fun of them. Grr--. What a waste.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7650 days, 17 hours, 43 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

yeah... damn :(
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I luvs making fun of the ppl at NG. This forum rules! BTW, does anyone know how to see old threads at the old forum? I want to go back and read all the ones I missed, but I can't seem to find the older threads

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 hour, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 16:13 (GMT -5)

The old forum only keep 100 threads in each forum. Once it hit 100 the oldest thread is deleted every time a new thread is created.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2001 at 22:41 (GMT -5)

crap...oh well. I really wanted to read some older ones

Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 02:55 (GMT -5)

Where can I find that NG you are referring to? Maybe I should have heard something about it, but I never visit any NGs...

By the way, Crown of Science is useful because it grants you fire immunity. Only problem is that you can't take anything vulnerable to fire if you don't have huge heap of blessed fireproof blankets. But Crown of Science works very well with spellcasters who have learned Frost Bolt(it's not a combo or anything but you got the point or did you?).
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 hour, 21 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2001 at 19:48 (GMT -5)

The adress is news://rec.games.roguelike.adom

In case you don't have a Usenet server or newsreader handy you can view it through a web interface from for example

http://groups.google.com

just search for the goups adress (this one is handy for reading old posts too, because they keep archives from years back while your typical usenet server only keep post for a few weeks).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 5 hours, 4 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

Regarding CoS and NG: Oh gee! "They all think that!"? I *very* much doubt that. Did you read *all* posts in the thread? Obviously not since quite alot people did corrected the people saying it corrupted. I remember Andy Williams, rather bored, sayed something like this: "Will this false rumour ever end?" hehe And I can understand him 'cus this false rumour is *very* good at surviving. hehe

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2001 at 22:11 (GMT -5)

Each had said that at the time. Check the dates.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2001 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

Who said that at what time?

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2001 at 22:01 (GMT -5)

Before my post here, everyone on the newsgroup who posted before the respective time.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2001 at 12:21 (GMT -5)

Ah ok. I just discovered that you wrote "So far" as well in your first post... So I was a lil too quick with my "defense" post I guess. Sorry.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2001 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

Oh, that's okay.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: