Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Confused about crowning.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

Hi! I'm new to these forums.

I ran into an interesting situation today in ADOM. I started a Gnomish Merchant character taking all of the money atributes I could (Boon to the Family, Filthy Rich, etc...)

Anyways, I end up starting the game 25,000 gold. My plan was to buy Detect Traps and other expensive things like that early in the game.

But when I went to my first dungeon (blanket cave) the first thing I see is a co aligned alter!

I've never *actually* been able to figure out how crowning and all of that works. There's nothing in the manual, and Andy William's guide doesn't really answer my questions.

So. I'm at level one, I've got tonnes of money for my level. No artifacts have been generated yet. I'm N+ alignement.

I saved my character (I saved it twice, so incase I die I can reload). And I offered all my money, and it only got me to spiritually invisible.

Then I reloaded, leveled up to level 8, and offered all of my money again, and it took me to 'Very Close'. I offered monsters and I stayed a very close.

What am I doing wrong?
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7042 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

You need to get to Extremely Close for a pre-crowning, which means keep saccing stuff :)

Offhand, did you ever play Bloodbowl?

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

I've never heard of bloodbowl.
Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

So I'm just not saccing enough?

But I do have to be atleast at level 8 right?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 15:35 (GMT -5)

For precrowning. You can be crowned at any level.
Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

It's weird that at level 1 my 25,000 only gets me to spiritually invincible. When at level 8 it gets me to very close.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6508 days, 43 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

You have to pray to get crowned.

yeah, you probably knew that already, well it took me a little while (a very annoying while) to figure out.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 00:35 (GMT -5)

don't forget to drop your water on teh altar after your god is very pleased. took me a long time to figrue out that water can be blessed, lol.

about 50 monsters should get you a precrowning..100 for next...200 and so on. keeps getting harder and harder. just keep doing it till it says extremely close then pray. if you're neutral make sure you're no N= or else you'll get crowned, though that's not such a bad thing.
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 22:06 (GMT -5)

Remember you can't get crowned untill Lv.8, more depending on the number of artifacts.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 at 23:36 (GMT -5)

No, you can't get PRECROWNED before level 8, crowned you can be at any level.
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

How does pre-crowning or crowning makes it harder to remove curse or doomed?
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

359 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

Each time you get any kind of crowning the required saccing to archive 'very close' status is raised and you also loose dietypoints faster after more crownings.

And any kind of saccing when you are very close removes cursing and dooming..
Which results in that it is harder to remove cure/doom after numerous pre/postcrownings..

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: