Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Strange Altar

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1224 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

RGRA is slow to respond..And probly wont respond to my query at all, so ill just ask here.

I had a gnomish barbarian wander into dwarftown after reading in a post that using Ventriloquism on Thundarr is an alternative to doing the Dwarven Graveyard.

Seeing as i lost my last character there when Griff Triple criticalled him to 1 turn death, i felt like skipping that quest.

Needless to say Thundarr wasnt amused with my puppet show, and after the confusion wore off, he attacked me.

Now Dwarftown isnt hostile, but i cant kill thundarr, My Gnomish Barbarian and his Blessed rustproof broadsword of vampirism just doesnt deal enough damage.

So id thought id sacrifice the bastard. C- alignment because of the weapon, on a neutral altar. Had to confuse the Dwarf so he would stand on it. Shift-O. Nothing happens!?!

Is it because the god is sooo pissed off at me? Or is Saccing dwarves just impossible in dwarftown?

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7342 days, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 22:21 (GMT -5)

As much as I can remember, certain NPC's are immune to being sacrificed...probably quest NPC's alone.

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 12:08 (GMT -5)

Is this noted anywhere?

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7342 days, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

The Adom guidebook might mention it. It's probably more a programming element than anyhting else, as if you could sacrifice certain creatures you could make the game much more difficult, if not impossible to complete.

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3754 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 05:49 (GMT -5)

Hmm... there's a challenge game for you.

Make it impossible to complete the game, even if you had insane luck (i.e., you can't do it by taking your level-1 character to Darkforge, leaving him there, because there's a small chance you could survive.)

(Of course, you'd have to rule out the obvious solution of sticking your character in the middle of a river with 1 HP left, no prayers, no healing items, and no Swimming skill; or into the ToEF with no prayers, no healing items, and no fire resistance.)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

People have locked themselves in the Dwarven Mystic's room. If Dwarftown was on level 9, you couldn't even wait for the teleportitis corruption.

Somebody was once throwing the Fire Orb around in the wilderness (apparently it creates a fireball when thrown). A monster picked it up, then panicked and fled.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6506 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

I thought it was impossible to lose artifacts?

What happens if you try to sacrifice a chaos orb, or give it to the demented ratling?

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

Oh, and you can also get stuck in the assassin's cave, in the little room next to the down staircase if you have no on demand teleportation or digging and the trap has worn off.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 10:48 (GMT -5)

There's a wand of teleportation there. You'd have to be real dumb to lose it somehow.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

358 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

Gods won't accept orbs for saccing.
They say something aboute that you will need that in your quest.
Aboute the Ratling, don't know.

But I guess one sure way to lose them would be to leave them in the ID.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6504 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

*Dark Menace*
Weapons: The strongest thing you can get your evil hands on.
Notes: This is a fighter, although different. This fighter is evil. Your only job is to destroy EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. Kill anyone you can on sight, don't even bother talking. This is either a completely demented way to play or a completely new view on the game: Play through like this and see how well the game copes with important characters dying. Should be fun!

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7310 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 20:43 (GMT -5)

heh heh, will try that now, but will avoid going into either town to start as you must kill every creature as soon as you see it. Even if you see a creature that you think might kill you - you STILL have to attempt the fight, you can only rest and heal after all creatures in sight are dead, and perhaps the most deadly of all NO RETREATING!
To make it even worse, you could be super evil and only ever use the beserk and very aggressive tactics, and any familiars aquired must be killed and all shops robbed.
oh, and all wilderness encounters should probally be attacked as well

What do you Wish for?_

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/18/2004 at 20:54 (GMT -5) by Majin]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

This is called "Leave Me Alone Man" on rgra. My idea of how to get started would be to play a wizard, possibly ID-scum a bit for more spells, then go to the bug place and carefully blast a few. That should give you lots of XP, which would help you survive Dwarftown. OTOH, I've heard of people going straight to Terinyo and wiping it out.

I think corruption would be a very serious problem with this challenge. Think of where you normally get SoCR - most of those sources are denied you. On top of that, you'd be chaotic from all that slaughtering of innocents.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

Marillion: artifacts get returned to your pack when you leave the level on the ID.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 06:58 (GMT -5)

Does all artifacts do that, I thought that only th Si returns to your backpack

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
wakkaus
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 09:10 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if ALL, but at least fire orb did, when I somehow managed to drop it.IIRC i dropped it to be unstrained, and forgot about it.(might've been elemental gauntlets, but not the si)
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 12:20 (GMT -5)

Yes, all do. You can leave any artifact but the Chaos Orbs in the wilderness, though.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 02:32 (GMT -5)

No, other artifacts return to your pack in the wild. At least protector does. My friend tried it.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

Oh, never mind then. I could've sworn it says something like "You feel really stupid"...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

I thought so to but it might be changed in the newer versions.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

Iridia

I remember that also..
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

I believe the "You feel really stupid" message only happened when an artifact was generated in the id, and you didnt touch it before leaving the level

Might have only happened in the older versions when Surges of power were possible there

eppazxomasd
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

you can still find artifacts in the ID though, i found preserver there
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

I'm on my way down to check out the deeper levels of ID and just passed MaLaKaI.
And to get rid of the corruption I left the sceptre on the level below..
And It didn't got back in the pack...

v1.1.1
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 at 21:41 (GMT -5)

Yes, artifacts but no surges of power; I think that's how it works.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: