Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / problems with morgia roots

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

psyduck
Registered user
Esq

Last page view:

7337 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 21:40 (GMT -5)

My orcish barbarian has 13/19 Will and 23/37 Toughness. I've eaten about 8 blessed morgia roots but the stats haven't increased any at all! I waited approximately 10 minutes between each meal and my dexterity that I trained with moss of marelion has increased several times since.
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7007 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

If it can be done, try eating a kobold corpse, then the roots...this will increase the difference between the stat and potential, and I believe that a larger difference will give better odds at an increase?

It seems to help me, but I don't really know...

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 10:23 (GMT -5)

this is a bit ot, but I tried training strength by wearing a ring of weakness and eating ogres. after I got my strength to 30 (or 29), there was no more increase. (the ring decreased the stat by 25 and so my strength was.... 4? odd..) anyway it didn't even raise with stone giants IIRC. Is 30 or 29 the absolute maximum to train with ogres ?(armies of them =)=))
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

You are quite right but it usually is about 27 with ogres and giants.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 19:17 (GMT -5)

Any reasonable way to improve beond that?
Lurk
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2004 at 21:44 (GMT -5)

Starve or disease yourself before consuming. Devils rose and stomacemptia works. Try not to kill yourself.
mopgoblin
Registered user

Last page view:

6956 days, 9 hours, 31 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

I find a ring of weakness is the best method to use if you discover a greater vault of strength-raising creatures, perhaps even worth wishing for if you don't have one (two of these greater vaults and a ring of weakness is probably enough to get your strength pretty close to 99. An ogre army obviously isn't such a good source of strength, but should still get you a few increases). Of course, you have to consider that a ring of weakness is autocursing, and be careful not to get crushed by your inventory.

The acid-spitting corruption is also very useful if you need to eat a lot of the corpses in a hurry.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/20/2004 at 03:10 (GMT -5) by mopgoblin]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: