Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / My first ADOM 1.0.0 Victory

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2001 at 04:53 (GMT -5)

I just finished new version of ADOM for the first time with High Elven Ranger. Just wanted to point out some interesting new things:

Air Temple is much harder(or much more mean) now because there are some kind of lightning strokes that hit you once in a while. The lightning strokes doesn't cause huge amounts of damage but they destroy your stuff and I don't know how to prevent it (except leaving your stuff on the floor someplace safe). Lightning doesn't affect you when you are on the left side of the level.

You get less experience points for killing monsters or exp. point requirements are much higher now. I noticed this because usually my characters reach exp. level 50 before D50 and now I was on explevel 35 or something. After I had cleared D50 I had 23 million exps. when in g16p2 I usually had around 70 million. If this really is the case then I think it's good improvement because now reaching exp. level 50 isn't absolute fact.

Bug place is pretty cool but now every character can raise their dexterity to 99 easily. Eating greater claw bug corpse gave +3 Dx, -6 Wi and +2 speed. Eating killer bug corpse gave +6 Dx, -12 Wi(though I'm not sure because my Wi was already 1) and +4 speed. So bug corpses are much more efficient speed boosters than quickling corpses. And you don't need any corruption to enter the bug place.

New items were good addition to the game (or prefixes and suffixes or whatever they are). I didn't test them a lot but many of them seem to work very well and effectively. I'll post the entry as soon as I can.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7643 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 at 00:53 (GMT -5)

yeah, bug place makes the game much much more easy... and did you notice that bugs are absolutely blind in darkness :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2001 at 03:41 (GMT -5)

Sure I had Food Preservation at 100 but that isn't too hard to achieve when you can write scrolls of education and many characters start out with FP anyway. And there are of course lot more weapons of hunting than in previous versions. The game isn't very challenging anymore when you have speed over 300 before entering ToEF.
After that it's just ridiculous, hit monster twice then move once, hit monster twice, move once...
But this is just first version Bug Place, I think it will be balanced soon. I hope.
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2001 at 05:14 (GMT -5)

I just heard from somewhere that if you have high speed you get less experience points from killing monsters. Well, that could explain why I didn't get that much experience. I had speed over 300 so maybe I got only one third of the normal experience points which you would get with speed 100.
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4689 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2001 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

Hmmm, would you get more experience if you are slow?
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7890 days, 19 hours and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2001 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

Higher speed than the monster killed = less experience. This is a very known fact, at least in NG I think. :) And yes, you do get more experience if you are slower than the monster killed. Tip: Slow monster on yourself... :)

Locke Cole
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7643 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2001 at 01:56 (GMT -5)

*gargle*
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7890 days, 19 hours and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2001 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

And what do you want to say with that Stas? hehe

Locke Cole
Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

Does anyone know how (or if) the effects of eating greater claw bug or killer bug corpses varies with the blessed/uncursed/cursed status of the corpse?

Thanks,
Hankjim
taffy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2001 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

it doesn't
Calvin
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 03:53 (GMT -5)

bug place? how do you get to that?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: