Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / A little help with herbs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Egg king
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 03:15 (GMT -5)

Got a really nice paladin well on the way to an ultra. Only one problem ,I dont have access to moriga root. Can someone give me the things\skills I will need to make a four square of them?
Never had to do this before as I seem to always find them either in the UD or the big room.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 03:52 (GMT -5)

'u'se potions of holy water on dungeon floors, 50% chance of a herb to grow..
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

You can also use the herb moving trick in the guidebook, but I don't recommend it. I tried it, and ended up using more holy waters than I would have if I'd made a new bush from scratch. And, make sure that you 'U'se holy waters on levels that already have herbs, or had them at some point.
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

357 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

If you are refering to the T-trick I have never faild to do it.

Maby if you have reeeally bad speed (or luck) this could be a problem...
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at 21:18 (GMT -5)

With no monsters, and even remotely decent speed, the T trick uses up a third of the potions you need to make a square of herbs. Its also safer.

You should also be aware that herbs do not seem to grow on levels where there were no herbs initially, though this may have been fixed in the latest version.
mopgoblin
Registered user

Last page view:

6954 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

If your speed is decent and the monster generation in the big room has been stopped, then you can turn one of the normal herb squares into four or more, requiring you to create only a single additional herb bush.
"..
.""   (the square in the bottom right corner is 
.".   the same one as in the pattern below)

becomes
."".
".."
".."
."".

Removing one bush will result in a pattern which eventually (eleven growth cycles later) turns into a nice big (although unstable) pattern of 40 bushes, assuming no walls get in the way. It looks like a large diamond with a small diamond in the middle. The four outer parts can each be turned into squares, the T-shape, or a copy of the starting pattern (you need to be fast in case there's another growth cycle soon afterwards - some of the subsequent patterns are still usable, but less convenient).

Note also that you can form the original pattern from a T or a T from the original pattern (wait one cycle and remove the bushes you don't need in either case). Furthermore, you can split a T into two Ts if you have the space, by leaving it for eight growth cycles (be careful - it becomes a set of """ patterns from the ninth cycle onwards), then removing excess bushes. You can easily change the direction a T moves by waiting a single cycle and removing the correct bushes.

[Edited 4 times, last edit on 4/1/2004 at 07:16 (GMT -5) by mopgoblin]
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7298 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

Or, you can just draw an r-pentimino in the big room.

.".
"""
.."

Lasts through more than 600 cycles, and leaves quite a few squares and other such things.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/1/2004 at 07:54 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: