Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Any tips for Nuurag?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Althalas
Registered user

Last page view:

7322 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 13:21 (GMT -5)

First time ever to get to lvl 50. Gray elf wizard with about 1400 Acid Balls and all the resistances the guidebook mentioned. My Ball spells have radius 2 with the right items. Earlier, I cleared out pretty much all of the magebane/doom eyes. So, the question is: Can I do it? Any tips? At the moment i think I have 0 corruptions and a WoW with 0 charges. Also 7LB.
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7129 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

> Any tips?

YES. STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

If you happen to have any morgia roots - work on your Wi until you can't improve any more. If you have Wi boosters - drink them to get over 48 or, preferrably, 64. Acidbolt/magicmissile him while he's far away. If he gets closer - start launching your Acid Balls. If he gets very close - RUN. Death resistance and permanent light source is essential, which's very bad, 'cause torches interfere with your ability to use Orb of Water, while amulets of light deny you access to Preserver (if you're lucky enough to have it). Do not rely on your Light spell - it's losing time.

Generally, any well-developed lvl 50 character can take on Nuurag-Varn and win. But he's a tough one, and you really should proceed carefully. Don't take any risks, he's one unforgiving opponent.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5823 days, 19 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

If he gets very close, don't fucking run... he'll bolt you more likely when you are away from him... But that's just me. And I've only done him with half fightertypes and fightertypes so... meleed him 4 times but. This is just me.

Oh yeah, really, don't take any risks... don't think like me, because it's stupid: "One more round... then I'll pray / drink that PoEH... he can't hit that hard"

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 15:29 (GMT -5)

Well, I'd say it's better to be deathrayed for 200 hp than to be stat-drained for 5 St. Hps are easily restored, and stats are costly.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 19:05 (GMT -5)

I dont use a light source, i melee him in the dark, i usually use fighter types and what i do is get his attention by zapping a blessed wand of magic missile at him, then fleeing down the corridor - with any luck he will chase me down, meaning i only have to figh a small % of his cronies, then i use my biggest baddest weapon, and if i have one an AoLS, then i melee him to little bits.
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 at 22:17 (GMT -5)

Run away.

Muhaha. Damn I'm unhelpful today.
Althalas
Registered user

Last page view:

7322 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 02:23 (GMT -5)

Heh. Beat him. I did waste time on light, I let him get close and all that, but he died easily enough to a few Acid Balls nonetheless. Now then, any tips for the final level?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

Invisibility is nice(chaos warriors and ghost lords don't see invisible), although as an elf you don't have to worry about the ghost lords' aging attack. If you have scrolls of familiar summoning, D:50 is the place to use them. With luck you'll get a greater elemental or some other nice companion able to whack all monsters 'cept the balors. Balors will hit you heavily even if you have like 150 DV, so prepare for some corruption, but you shouldn't have big problems with corruption either if you didn't have any before the mana temple.

If you're having trouble, do it the pussy way give the levers a bit'o'WoDestruction(just remember to 'h'andle them first:). REAL champions of course choose to open a can of whoopass on the entire level.

Good luck!

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/8/2004 at 08:24 (GMT -5) by J.]
Jomppa
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

I don't know about newest versions, but atleast on 0.9.9 G16p2 it was possible to get a balor from a scroll of familiar summoning :). I once had one on D50 and after leveling up with easier monsters it killed balors like kobolds :). It could have killed Fistanarius, but it panicked at severely injured while Fisty was critically injured...

D50 should be easy for a wizard anyway. Just wield two shields, go coward and go crazy with spells :)
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 11:35 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it's really wimpy for a wiz not to clear D50 completely. Hey, they're made for that! +50 magic missile is a room-cleaner. Just don't kill yourself by accident :-)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: