Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / companions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6479 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

I got myself a balor and a greater earth elemental as companions from blessed scrolls of familiar summoning in the DH. Are they going to stay friendly forever? if they turn hostile . . . uh oh

edit: ehm wrong forum but never mind.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/9/2004 at 11:33 (GMT -5) by Alex]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 11:38 (GMT -5)

Well. The answer to that question is no. The balor seems to have had second thoughts about a life of service and is now hostile . . . any ideas on how to kill one with a level 22 paladin?

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5795 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

It's impossible, unless you have 7lb's and demon slaying ammos... no way you'd take him with melee or spells (unless some neat ball) with that level.

KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6431 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

Sick the Greater Earth Elemental on him and hope for the best. Unless of course its already been killed. Other than that, follow the above advice.

The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

I never use companions unless I'm a bard. And I'm never a bard, so I never use companions.

Do companions have to hit a trap or something to become hostile, or do they just turn on you eventually? Do they become hostile if you step on a loose board? These are questions my friends always ask but I can't answer.
maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

lol some guy, that's the attitude we need to see. that balor is giving you hell right? literally lol. you can't run from him either, lol. maybe you could zap a wand of teleport to get out of there. or you could try non attacks methods. toss a potion of exchange at him. try web or stun or calm monster. i doubt calm monster would do much unless it were highly boosted. although, i've managed to stun several eternal gaurdians (is that what he's called i forgot?) the guy that needs to see the ring of the high kings to let you pass. i used to take them out for exp, it's a lot of fun you should try it. keep bustin them until you've got a hole room packed full of them. i started bustin them with stun ray next, after it got to lvl 10 - 12 it was workin pretty good i was takin them out in melee with sting and needle. extremely chaotic, but fun and challenging. it's funny but he'll still be nice to you if you kill off all the clones and leave him alone.

what was this post about? .. oh yeah companions. you might give darnkness a try, you never know. you could also try slow monster, death ray, or something that will kill him in one hit, lol! try to get monsters between him and you and pray that he forgets he can teleport. i dunno you're probably screwed. potion of exchange is your best bet, unless it turns into an emperor lich of course, lol. i hope you're not in dwarven halls.

this could be on jerry springer or something.

Boy loses long time companion because of a fireball trap incident.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

I got around it, the balor was on DH:2, so I just teleported to the staircase and now I use the animated forest. Phil my greater earth elemental (who I'd gotten to very experienced) later got toasted by a tension room of ancient red dragons. damn.

maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 03:13 (GMT -5)

damn, those earth elementals are great companions, even if you have seven league boots they can keep up. your guy is still alive though?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

Indeed he is. He's a level 26 dark elven paladin (great combination IMO), got medal of chaos, crowned neutral, killed cat lord, currently bumming around the library. He's pretty hot stuff actually.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5795 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

looks like someone's finishing the game soon

maestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

do you level up in the ID with dark elves? what's your strength and stuff? sounds like a cool character if you can keep 'em alive. i've used grey elf paladins a few times but they never make it past lvl 12 or so.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: