Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Scumming Strength

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

necroLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 06:57 (GMT -5)

hey guys, how many ways can you do this? i have three ways of strength-scumming...

1) use a drakeling or gain the acid spit corruption, spit your satiation level away to starving before eating any ogre/giant/bear corpses

2) wish for a ring of weakness and go around the mountains slaying "warbands of stone giants", then eat their corpses

3) wish for a ring of weakness and carry enough stuff to be Strained!. make sure you have enough food(blessed stomafillias or 500+ cooked lizards). then camp in the wilderness forever until your strength gets to 99

what other methods are there?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 15 hours, 6 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Get 100 food preservation and a weapon of hunting then scum the top level of the ToEF for fire giant king corpses. They give guaranteed +1 strength.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

The_CyberShadow
Registered user
Loading l33t animation...

Last page view:

6258 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 09:52 (GMT -5)

First of all, not guaranteed. You get a stat increase if:
1) Your strength is less than 20
2) Your strength is less than 30 and Random((Strength-18)/2)=0 (a 200/(Strength-18) percent chance)
3) Random((Strength-27)*(Strength-26)/2)=0 (approximatively a 200/(x-27)2 percent chance).

Secondly, exactly the same effect have stone giant lord and frost giant jarl corpses.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 15 hours, 6 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

hrm. I'll take your word for it mr. codemaster, but I was sure I'd gotten +1 strength once or twice when my strength was in the 40s. maybe that's because the base stat was lower, boosted with orb + girdle.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

The_CyberShadow
Registered user
Loading l33t animation...

Last page view:

6258 days, 6 hours, 46 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 15:36 (GMT -5)

I just tested this with AdomBot. Set my strength to 40 and created 10 fire giant king corpses. No increase (the chance of a stat increase for strength=40 is ~1.1%)

Note that you always get the "You feel strong" message, regardless if you got the stat increase. So either that you were mislead by the message, either you were extremely lucky, or you ate a helluvalot corpses (about 91 corpses per increase) >:]

Also note that the base stat values are rarely taken in calculations. The total stat values have 585 references throughout the code, while the base stat values have only 39. This is often used for stat scumming.

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Alex, remember that stat increases were easier in earlier versions, IIRC the code for getting them was changed in 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. For example, undead corpses raised toughness more often even if your stat was 30 or 40. Also, there used to be a point in eating major chaos creature corpses(like the multi-headed dragon).

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6821 days, 17 hours, 24 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 at 17:26 (GMT -5)

My drakeling had 34 strength (44 with elemental orb of fire) and I didnt get a single stat boost eating tons of different giants and cyclops.

Didnt work with starving + sickness either -.-
So I relied completely on poga and potion of strength.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 at 03:10 (GMT -5)

(this 1. in necroLord's list)

You should have hungered yourself with the acid spit. Spit until you're Starving! and your stats start dropping. Wait (don't spit anymore, you'll just get killed) until your strength drops to 1/2 of your original and drops no more. Much better chance of getting a strength increase when your strength is 17 than when it is 34.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/12/2004 at 03:10 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

My drakeling priest had strength+GoGS(13 stength)+orb= 49. I encoutered two huge vaults full with ogre lords, giants and stuff and after eating about 600 corpses I got + strength. He was level 29,
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: