Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / SoCRs, SIL?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7101 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 10:07 (GMT -5)

I'm now going for the SIL (lvl 38 DE assassin, crowned champion of chaos). As far as I know, corruption is quite heavy in the lower levels of the ID, and I've already picked up 12 corruptions (all the 'acceptable' ones, it seems, the remaining are like - mana battery, unholy aura, corrupted tissue, poisonous hands and apish looks). I've got 14 SoCRs stashed away at Minstrel's. So, the question is - what should I do? Remove all corruptions now, and go into the ID hoping I don't get something nasty? Or take a few SoCRs with me, risking to lose them to something item-destructing? And how many of them, then?

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3570 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 10:52 (GMT -5)

i suggest you take 2-3 SoCR.
For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2004 at 10:52 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6479 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:20 (GMT -5)

Seeing as you're crowned chaotic, I'd say at least 2, maybe four for good measure. 14 is more than enough (I'd guess) to last you the rest of the game, so you can afford to lose one or two to a vortex or whatever.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

I'm already coming back with the sceptre, around I60 atm. Took 5 SoCRs, used two. And I'm not sure that'll be enough, sceptre corrupts by carrying, right? No, I'm not going to kick the thing around. Tried that with boots of great speed for demeted ratling - some stupid Ghost Lord came outta wall, grabbed my boots, equipped them, panicked, then I used half of my pickaxes trying to catch him.

Btw, I though ID was good for loot? I've even heard someone praising it for a nice artifact generation rate. But the only good things I've found so far were a RoDS and a SoCR. And a couple of crappy spellbooks, which is especially strange, since I've found a lot of books in other places and was surprisingly good at reading them.

On a side note: I *hate* minotaur mages. Passionately.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6479 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

EGAD, ONLY A RODS AND A SOCR, poor you.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5840 days, 29 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

About the looting bit, i personally go to about level 30-40 and level hop till a tension room of dragons or great wyrms is generated (Eyes of the mind is invaluable here) doing this i've gotton plenty of wishes and even preserver and the lovely shiny bracers once. So in my opinion it's a pretty good place to look if your desperate for a wish.

Edit: Note i only do the ID scumming if i've abused gremlins to the point they are hurting me :)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2004 at 15:54 (GMT -5) by Ferret]
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

Yeah, that's very sad and depressing. Now, 3 or 4 SoCRs, a WoWi (6 charges), a GoGS and a heap of phase daggers - that what I call GOOD LOOT :-)

Ferret, does that really happen? I've killed about 1500 of them this time (tried to pickpocket something good... only got 1 PoGA), and they were still wimps, dying in one hit and scratching helplessly against my armour, cursing me in high, desperate voices.

Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5840 days, 29 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

Of course its happens, i'm not lying! :) I've got the preserver twice from pickpocketing gremlins.

Were you wearing the ankh and rings of luck? And was your pickpockets at 100? The danger level of the dungeon also greatly effects what items are generated.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6477 days, 9 hours and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

I'd put some of the SoCRs in Dwarftown to be safe, rather than trekking your way to the Mintrel. After you get past the eternal guardian, and find the shortcut, put them in Darkforge in a sealed (read, trapped up the yingyang except for the square with the SoCR, and locked) room. That way you won't have to go as far.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: