Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Necromancy- zombie stats

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 13:25 (GMT -5)

Does anyone know how different undead differ in statistics? Also, does a bigger monster make a bigger zombie? (or skeleton, or wraith, ect...) I'm wondering If one should wait to find a good monster to make a pet or just pop up zombies all willy-nilly.

And for curiosity:

Should Necomancy be chaotic?
Yes  No
Check results

TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6821 days, 19 hours, 41 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

I think better monsters are better as zombies, otherwise I don't see why quickling lords and kings are popular as liches or vampires :)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

Some monsters keep certain abilities as zombies, like regeneration and speed, of course, but I think that PV, DV, hits, attack power, etc. stays the same with the same kind of undead. Maybe a greater demon zombie could teleport... who knows, really.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 17:02 (GMT -5)

Slaves derive their speed, regeneration, and (I think) hitpoints from the corpse they were generated from. That's why quicklings are so good, they're the only thing that can keep up with the pc near the end of the game. They don't keep special abilities like teleportation.
my quick slave rating:
zombies, skeletons, wraiths, wights, mummies, shadows: crap
ghuls: quite good, not that tough but they can paralyse
corpse fiends: reasonably tough, and I think (not sure) they get better than normal hp regeneration
skeleton warriors: awesome ie. totally sweet. plenty big damage and to-hit.
ghosts, spectres, vampires, shadow lords, liches: Dunno, haven't survived long enough to get any.
oh, and you can't use demon corpses. 'You need the corpse of a former living humanoid to work your dark magic.'

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 02:45 (GMT -5)

Should necromancy be chaotic?

I say no. I mean, all you're doing is taking the rotting, heavily mutilated body of some sentient being and giving it a semblance of life through your dark sacrifice. All you're doing is creating a shambling creature of decayed flesh, a mockery of life, that will cause revulsion and fear wherever it is seen.

Nothing too bad. Not like -pickpocketing-
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3572 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

But perhaps the purpose what it's created for is chaotic
For the Horde!
illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

pickpocketing is not necessarily chaotic too ... the rationale is that you improve the economy by making a better use of the money in other people's pocket ... a quicker flow of money in the society will increase the general wealth by folds ... ^0^
Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 08:19 (GMT -5)

Lawful doesn't mean economical.
You're taking a capitalistic view and assuming that it is a lawful one.

And who says that our capitalist society in Adom would be L+? It might just be C+ or N-
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 08:59 (GMT -5)

Hey if you can bring a corpse back to life (err sort of)then it must be good. I mean all the monsters families now have their best uncle back to play with and just a small intellect loss is all they have to pay (And maybe being killed by him on a whim of his master)

Yes I like to make my undead minions dance (Im surpised by how often and how much this amuses me:) So in my book its a lawful act (Small children love it:)
If only I could make the cute puppy get down with its bad self.......
NMBLNG
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

On the poll, I was hoping that in a later version of ADOM, there would be a division between evil and chaos. So that I can play a Necromancer and not worry about corruption.

Back to zombie stats: Has anyone really proved this, or are we just guessing?

So our best early-game choices for undead are: Trolls, ogers, and other big bashing mosters, for HP. Quicklings and pixies for speed, if possible.

But a quickling king vampire sounds really cool. Or ghul. It could attack 12 times every round or more!
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7102 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

Actually, quickling bard liches seem to be considered the most K-cool of them all :-) But they're hard to get, and you can only get one :-)

OTOH, a retinue of quickling queen skeletal warriors is quite unstoppable... Just don't let them get hostile, they're killers :-)

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5586 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

Can orb guardian corpses (humanoid ones, naturally) be made into undead slaves ? I guess it would be fun having a Chaos Archmage lich as a slave. Or a Master Summoner lich.

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/16/2004 at 04:12 (GMT -5) by The Real J.]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

Humanoid slaying ammo works, so they should be considered as humanoids. Never tried that though, no idea. Archmage lich would be nice.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5586 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 at 01:19 (GMT -5)

How about doing an ULE with a lawful crowned necromancer and having a Chaos Archmage lich and Master Summoner lich in tow ? Would it even be possible ?

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Vulgar
Registered user
Necromantic Farmer

Last page view:

4466 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 07:39 (GMT -5)

Is necromancy chaotic? Do you find the act of reanimating a corpse against their will and to force them into slavery chaotic? I guess it's all a matter of opinion...

Should I eat it or make it my undead slave?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

I call it evil, not chaotic
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 15:43 (GMT -5)

Anyone tried the orb guardian corpses yet?

J., have you asked about this on r.g.r.a? I'd ask, but I don't post there.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6362 days, 7 hours and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 18:48 (GMT -5)

In ADOM, Necromancy is a minor chaotic act. And I am willing to bet the archmage and master summoner are able to be brought back to life, if you get their corpses. Use arrows of hunting or somthing and have a high food preservation skill.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.

Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 at 19:42 (GMT -5)

all the orb gaurdians leave a corpse 100% of the time.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

I'm playing a pretty good necromancer at the moment. I'll let you know when I get to Yulgash.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

GOD DAMN IT.

talking about where your char will be later on = curse of instant death.

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1198 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

at least tell us how he died

Danielle unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 14:57 (GMT -5)

I SWEAR T.Biskup has programmed somethign into ADOM 1.1.1 to check if you posetd recently on the forums with the words "when" "help" "stuck" and then making you go uber doomed without telling you
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 16:53 (GMT -5)

I have a copy of a human assasin with a wand of wish with a few trillion charges (Which I use for tourist purposes), I will see if I can get it, but i won't be back on untill the day after tommorow.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/8/2004 at 16:54 (GMT -5) by KoRn DogG]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

'at least tell us how he died'

ACW.

Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

When you try to animate the org gaurdian corpses they turn to dust 100% of the time. I tried it with my human thief with a WoW with over 3 trillion charges and wished for necromancy till it was at 100%, but still nothing but dust.

Revelation
Registered user
I'll think up a title later...

Last page view:

5759 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

Ashes to Ashes... Dust to Dust... (Sorry... I just had to do that...)

Maybe you just can't animate certain corpses? I don't know. Does anyone know about this possibilty?

Thomas Biskup, the Creator, casts Final Code. You become doomed. Your equipment turns to dust! You feel corrupted. You are stunned! You feel like you haven't eaten in days. You are starving!. Your Willpower drops to 0. You PP becomes 0. You die.
Would you like to see the last message before your death? (y/N)

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1198 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

Try it with a true necromancer...If they cant do it noone can

Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

I don't have a true necro with a WoW with over a trillion charges though :P Only a human assasin and a human fighter, I think the site I downloaded them from would still have them, if I can find it again. Oh, and I did it in version 1.1.0

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

I just tried it with a necromancer on yulgash's corpse and it crumpled to dust. I doubt it's possible.

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: