Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Stat decrease

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Malchor
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

For some reason I keep losing willpower and some dexterity and learning. I've been wandering around in the wilderness trying to improve my skills in bows and thrown spears(trident from blup)

These stats keep falling for no apparent reason. Does using bows and such abuse the willpower stat? Can't think of any item I have which can do such a thing either.

Anyone got an idea why this keep happening?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5656 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

Having a certain corruption(apish thingy) abuses your learning(and willpower I think), but I don't think it lowers dexterity though. Other than that, your equipment might have bad pre/suffixes like "of fumbling" etc., check GB for the list.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3890 days, 23 hours, 34 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

Do you have the "You look somewhat apish" corruption, and do you get any messages when losing stats?

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6511 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

If you're Strained!, that abuses your dexterity.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7122 days, 8 hours, 10 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 13:09 (GMT -5)

Apish looks DOES abuse dexterity. The initial (removable) effects from it do not, but "you suddenly remember your ancestors" does (btw, that's another misleading point in the GB - there are quite a few as I learned while gaining experience with the game). Believe me, I've seen the thing alot, and it's one of my most hated corruptions, so I've studied the effects thoroughly.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6286 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

Have you been eating well? (in the game) It seems to sometimes drop the stat for me, or if you are eating kobold.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 17:27 (GMT -5)

If you get the message "You suddenly remember your ancestors" your learning, willpower and dexterity have just dropped by one because of the apish corruption.
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7136 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

as for the GB, theres many things innacruate, many potions scrolls etc that are mislabeled, i dont recall what but i was thinking i was rinking a potion of gain (somethign) and instead i was drinking a potion of raw chaos.. not good
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6657 days, 13 hours, 23 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

Danielle, for scrolls and potions it says something about them being the most common names they have... they're almost always differant for me. It's random.

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Malchor
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 at 22:01 (GMT -5)

Ah, thanks. I had the apish corruption, removed it with a scroll of chaos resistance now.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: