Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Portal help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6607 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 08:32 (GMT -5)

I completed Thrundarr's portal quest (killed Griff Bloodax, & Nonnak & purified the grave).
Talked to him & he gave me the equipment rewards, but does not open the portal (says it remains closed). How do I get him to open it????

Don't know why Thrundarr will not move away from the lever, but I do have an alternative. I can learn the teleport spell & teleport him away. But somehow I still think he should move since I completed the portal quest. What am I missing?

Also, where should I go from Dwarftown?(through the portal or somewhere else first)? Also, should I really give up the champion's blade to learn tactics???

Lots of questions -- please respond.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/25/2004 at 14:38 (GMT -5) by arkflash]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5663 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

What do you mean "says it remains closed"? Thrundarr doesn't move anywhere, he just flips the lever when you complete the quest.

Give the golden gladius for training. Backstabbing, tactics and whatnot are FAR better than that sword. You shouldn't be using swords anyway, as polearms are the best weapons(well that's just my opinion).

As to where to go: dive down the CoC untill you can't go further. Then go and get the ring of the high kings, orb of fire or whatever you need to continue.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Did you keep going through to the CoC? If the portal moved, then you should be able to access the room with other undead. If the level is blocked then he didnt move. Im not sure if he will move for chaotics..i normally have completed the quests for chaotics and change alignment by the time i wanna go down the path, so i dunno
Ry
Registered user
The Eternal Newbie

Last page view:

7129 days, 28 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

Thrundarr does open the path for chaotics. I've seen that myself.

Greater Segmentation Vault (emperor memory leak surronded by memory leak kings and master memory leaks)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: