Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / A few questions

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Revelation
Registered user
I'll think up a title later...

Last page view:

5780 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

Okay, I'm new here, so I have a few questions

1: I'm a Lv. 6 priest. Can I wish for the Nercomancy skill with a wish the way I could for any other skill? If so, can I use it?

2: Where is the best places to find artifacts (I want to find Vanquisher, and Trusted One(Think those are the names)

3: Is the bless spell any good? (Besides killing skeletons ^_^)

4: Where is the best place to train while in the early game?

Thanks... ^_^
Thomas Biskup, the Creator, casts Final Code. You become doomed. Your equipment turns to dust! You feel corrupted. You are stunned! You feel like you haven't eaten in days. You are starving!. Your Willpower drops to 0. You PP becomes 0. You die.
Would you like to see the last message before your death? (y/N)

Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6383 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

Welcome to the ADOM forums. To answer your questions:

1: You could wish for the necromancy skill and you could use it, I think necromancy is a slight chaotic act though, so if you are lawfull you might not want to do it.

2:Sadly, I don't know where to find those artifact, but someone else will.

3:the bless spell increases your luck, gives you some dv, maybe some pv I think, and is pretty good for killing undead.

4:The best places to train in the early game are the lower levels of the Caverns of Chaos (On the west side of the map), and the infinite dungeon.

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Hubris
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 at 21:10 (GMT -5)

1) Yes, it's a caotic act though.

2) Deep levels of CoC. Throwing a potion of uselessness on D:49, and on levels that you feel a "surge of power".

Also crowning gifts, but I'm not sure if priests get Vanquisher or Trusted one, never play em' and I rarely get crowned.

3) +1 PV/DV +2 Hit/Damage. Seems pretty good.

I like the big room, but you're probably too weak for that right now.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 9 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 02:54 (GMT -5)

1) I don't think that you would be able to control your slaves like a real necromancer.

2) Most of us would like to find Vanquisher.

3) Might be in the beginnig but it doesn't help that much later in the game.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Revelation
Registered user
I'll think up a title later...

Last page view:

5780 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the help.

1: Ah... Didn't know that. Got to be careful.

2: I can't get them from crowning. I think they can be generated though in tension vaults, right?
Lower Part of CoC? I was kind of hoping it would be sooner... -_-;;;

(Yes, everyone would like to find Vanquisher ^_^)

3:Undead killer... Yay! ^_^ Does the increases stay permanent?

4: Hmm... Sounds good... ^_^
Thomas Biskup, the Creator, casts Final Code. You become doomed. Your equipment turns to dust! You feel corrupted. You are stunned! You feel like you haven't eaten in days. You are starving!. Your Willpower drops to 0. You PP becomes 0. You die.
Would you like to see the last message before your death? (y/N)

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

1: There are much better skills you can wish for, like find weakness and food preservation, and better items to wish for, like girdles of giant strength and seven league boots. Necromancy is best left to the necromancers.

2: I don't recomment trying to find certain artifacts, because they're very rare finds, and you're lucky to find any artifact at all. Hoping for one specific artifact is just going to leave you disappointed.

3: The increase isn't permanent, but you can be permanently blessed by being crowned, or by giving books and scrolls to the ghost librarian (don't worry about this method for a while, it's a high level place to be)

4: I've never found extra training necessary. If you go to all the normal locations you'll get experience fast enough. Just don't play trolls... they level extremely slowly.
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6383 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 19:08 (GMT -5)

1: Why is everyone putting numbers before they say somthing?

2: :P

"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6512 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

Because those are the answers to the question in the first post, that way everybody knows what they are responding to.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: