Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / To wish or not to wish

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

I am going for an Archmage victory. High Elf wizard. In no particular order I have: completed keethrax quest, puppy quest, travelled through UD (nothing interesting generated), wasted darkforge with lightening balls, retrieved the RotHK, retrieved all equipment from bugville (playing 1.0.0 – invisibility makes it a piece of cake), dug up all “great treasure” graves in the dwarven graveyard, saved Khelly, visited the secret library, and have just finished digging up all “great treasure” graves in the huge graveyard in the CoC.

I have been very lucky so far: found an AoLS, SLBs and (best of all) a WoWi with 5 charges (have already used 1 for another AoLS).

Minor problem: first dwarven quest was to kill a green blob (which I eventually found – but only after I had gone past the living forest and won the golden gladius at the arena). Second dwarven quest: large bat (no problem). Third dwarven quest: orge village (no problem). Fourth dwarven quest: kill a ratling duelist – this is the minor problem! Have tried TotHK and huge cavern in the PC. No luck so far.

Not-so-minor problem: I have found NO fireproof blankets anywhere. Hence the minor problem above – if I could kill a ratling duelist I would probably be rewarded with a fireproof blanket (amongst other stuff). Obviously I want fireproof blankets for ToEF. Although I have magic mapping and teleportation I don’t have teleport control or fire immunity. I am hesitant to risk the ToEF with minimal equipment. I have a single RoI – but I doubt this will be enough.

Options (that I can think of): (1) dig up all graves and hope to find fireproof blanket and/or ring of teleport control; (2) check out the treasure in the underwater cavern (just found a helm of water breathing); (3) wish for fireproof blankets and/or rings of teleport control; (4) attempt ToEF without fireproof blankets; (5) enter the minotaur maze and hope to find fireproof blankets/ring of teleport control there (at the very least I could get an extra artifact for the demented ratling).

Suggestions anyone?

I think this character has huge potential. Have been scumming undead corpses for toughness with trident of hunting and the graveyards. Have also been lucky enough to find two wand shops and am constantly buying them up for my archmage attempt.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6505 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

According to the GB, a single (blessed) RoI gives you 92-95% protection, and two give you 99% protection.

I definately don't suggest trying to kill Blup's mom, I've lost more than a few promising characters trying to kill her. If you want to try, I suggest using the darkness trick to kill her.

Ratling duelists are generated at a level 10 danger level, which is about right for the big room. Check there for them, they are somewhat common. Also check the DH for them.

The Minotaur maze is very hard with the last part (you get confused and stat drained fairly easily), but aside from that, it's fair easy.

You definately want to find intrinsic teleport control, either by killing some blink dogs of draining pools in the Darkforge. Rings of Teleport Control are somewhat common, check the HMV, Dwarftown and Holeinthewall for them.

You could wish for a ratling duelist, thereby ending that quest, and gaining you a fireproof blanket, among the other items, and the 5000 pieces from the last quest.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6507 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 17:31 (GMT -5)

Minotaur maze isn't too hard with a confusion resistance + a good bolt spell (which I can safely assume your wizard has). Just don't try to melee minotaur kings, mages, or the emperor.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5823 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

You won't get any blankets or any other reward from teh ancient dwarf. why? because he will give no reward if he has to assign you more than once to a "kill this and that"-mission... gb has more info about this.

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

why are you feeding the ratling anyway... you wont get your char up to archmage level until the corruption destroys you :f (i think so anyway)
I'd just close the gate than trying to make an archmage who goes for an ultra. and there's no point making an archmage and then simply getting an ultra ending, because you don't wanna leave the chain if you have unlimited wishes.

Correct me if i'm wrong..

meestro_mozart
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 at 22:36 (GMT -5)

acid bolt. the only two words you need for the minotaur emperor.

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

Maastonakki: Dwarf King does reward multiple "kill" quests. I finally found my ratling duelist and he gave me the fireproof blanket plus some other stuff. I also believe archmage is possible - it has been done before.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 13:51 (GMT -5)

uh oh... he never gave me nuthin :(
sorry for thinking i was right ^^

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: