Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Gods

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amanda Sedai
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 at 22:37 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure I understand this "god" thing. I once played this game as a troll healer who worshipped Vagrak (or something like that). By the time I died I was lawful (I think. I may have been N+), but my god always accepted my sacrifices and I think he answered my prayers several times. Now I'm a troll healer who worships N'fttr and the god hates my guts. He always ignores my sacrifices (I've only sacrificed at gray, neutral altars so far) and when I pray he calls me a nuisance. Why did the one god not mind that I was becoming lawful and the other one hate me for it? Is there any way to choose to worship the lawful god? Or should I just go around killing people and try to become a champion of chaos?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

The system works like this:

Each race have three gods, one for each major alignment (Lawfull, Newtral and Chaotic). When you start the game you have some initial piety with the god of your starting alignment (roughtly enough for 3 prayers). However when you change alignment you also authomaticaly change god and so you have to start from scratch with pleasing your new god. If you pray after changing your alignment without having made any sacrifices your new god will just ignore you, and if you keep praying he will start to get mad at you.

If you have angered your god with a lot of prayers without sacrificing anything he might punish you even if you try to sacrifice something at one of his altars. However most of the time that is not a problem. Just make sure to always sacrifice on an altar that match your alignment (white for lawfull, gray for newtral and black for chaotic, you know the drill).

Also gods don't accep just anyting you try to sacrifice, they all have preferences (trolls like rocks, but you'll need a lot of them), but generaly the more valuable the item the better. Most kinds of food, all artefacts, spellbocks, magical weapons and armor, any living monsers (provided it hasn't been summoned in some way and on the condition that it doesn't have the same alignment as the god (chaotic gods don't care at all, everythign goes) and naturaly gold. Gold is probably the best thing to sacrifice for most races, though early on it can be a little hard to get enough of it (offer large sums).

Note that it require a lot of sacrifising to get a good standing with your good, but as long as the item is "consumed" upon offering it will count in your favour.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Amanda Sedai
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

Okay, thanks. I knew about how certain gods prefer certain offerings (one reason why I like playing trolls. Rocks are easy to get. I'd hate to be an elf, where the heck do you get a lot of magic rings?). Any idea what troll gods think of rocks with metal veins? I've got a heap of those.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

It's easy enough to figure out. If you sacrifice on of them and get the "deeply apreciate your gift" message then they are indeed on the "prefeered" list... If not it's just a regular sacrifice.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6360 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 22:01 (GMT -5)

Nice to see you, Amanda Sedai. Feel free to ask anything you wish here. Register, even. :)

If I might chance at being disrespectful, what is your Ajah?
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7922 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 23:26 (GMT -5)

Hey cool, I can register! :-)

Nice to meet another WoT fan. :-) I'm Brown Ajah, the typical absent-minded nerd. (maybe a little too absent-minded. Has anyone else made their character chaotically aligned by accidentally killing non-hostile characters because you weren't paying attention to where you were making your character walk?)

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7929 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

I walk into farmers all the time in the villages but it always gives you a warning like
"Are you sure you want to attack the farmer y/n"
So I press n.
The only thing I do like that is walk into cats and killing them makes the cat lord angry!

Sengoku
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 21:36 (GMT -5)

If you are in "true berserker" mode you won't get those warnings. (wearing no armour and tactics set to berserk).

Change tactics to Normal or lower when in town to avoid unneccecary killigs...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2001 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

Ya know, the default key is always capped, except in primitive pick-up. You can press 'space' instead of 'n.' Just thought I'd say. I'm a perfectionist -- don't blame me. :)

Amanda Sedai: Ah, the Browns. Vast knowledge, hast ye? A great study, that. Has the Wheel of Time MUD ever been graced with your prescence? Ye might have been a real Aes Sedai there once. >:) *Sticks out chest* Yep! There, they called me "Aethanir Degragonde." I gave it up because I didn't like the obligation. Gold wasn't easy to come by for a loner like me. Yeah... Right when I was at trolloc-hunting age, too. *Sigh* Good times.

Ah. I just read yer profile. I'm also a college freshman, and I also plan to major in Computer Science. What are the odds? :O
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7897 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 07:45 (GMT -5)

I would like to add that I am a total WoT fan too. Anyone else have a confession to make? ;)

Locke Cole
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

Nope, never been a part of the WoTMUD. I'd like to, but between classes, studying and feeding my ADoM addiction I don't really have enough time. So you're not only another WoT fan, you're a Computer Science freshman too. Cool.

Locke, yes, I love FF6. :-)

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Simius
Registered user

Last page view:

7420 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

I must admit it....I'm a huge fan of WOT. I live in finland,where they translate the books so slow,that i have to go to the library and lend the books in english so i could read them.
I like discworl series too.;>
jokainen chanssi on mahollisuus
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

7731 days, 54 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 03:51 (GMT -5)

Is WoTMud like ADOM, couse i tried BATMUD for a while, uh, didn't like.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

I've only ever been on WoTMUD. All MUDs run in basically the same format/platform. They require large amounts of imagination to play. If you can get used to it, it's -very- addictive! Real-time adventuring/looting/PKing is great fun. Of course, programs like zMUD help a lot.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

Amanda Sedai: Ah. FF6 is, IMHO, *the* RPG for SNES. :) Love it, just love it. The music is a master piece.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 22:00 (GMT -5)

Yes! Me and Locke are FF6 fanatics. I've beaten it through countless times, and even bothered to master the simple things, like defeating those particularly interesting opponents (Ultros and the fake swordsman) in the arena. I still haven't figured out some of the mysteries, like the private action involving who might be the real Zigfried (sp?).

Locke is right about the music. It is definitely first-rate material. It's right up there with Kenshi Yamamoto's work on Super Metroid and the music on Phantasy Star IV (I forget the artist at the moment).

[Edited at 22:04, Tuesday, October 02, 2001 by Palagran]
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 23:45 (GMT -5)

Yeah, the music is incredible. I have a playlist on winamp of midis of the music.

adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8223 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 01:06 (GMT -5)

tab for super mario bro-
G....9...7..5.....................................
D.........................9....7....5.............
A..7...5...3...(3 times).............(3 times.....
E.......................7....5...3................

G.................................................
D.................................3...............
A..........3.5.3............0h3h5..5.3..5........
E..0h3h5.......5.3....0h3h5............5..........

[Edited at 01:14, Thursday, October 04, 2001 by adomer]

[Edited at 11:48, Thursday, October 04, 2001 by Jan Erik]
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8223 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 01:15 (GMT -5)

spacing is odd here, the tab's off but you get the idea.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

The default HTML style can be over ridden by the [PRE ][/PRE ] taggs (it's all in the formating help)...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 22:03 (GMT -5)

Huh? Tab?
Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 05, 2001 at 21:35 (GMT -5)

Palagran, guitar tablature. I can look at what adomer posted and play it on my guitar. Although I'm not sure what super mario bros has to do with final fantasy 6.

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2001 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

Both Super Mario Bros and FF6 are video-games. I suppose that's the connection here. :)

Going back to FF6. Does anyone know where I can find a *good* source of FF6 mp3's? I am still trying to get a complete collection but am only halfway.

Hmm, This has gone a lil off topic. I'll start a new thread in the General forum I think. :)

Locke Cole

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: