Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Drakeling Spit Attack Range

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

necroLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

if you'd read my thread on a steel man challenge attempt, you'd know that my strategy is based upon running with 7LB and spitting the enemies to death. needless to say, it's pretty important for me to know the mathematics of the drakeling spit. the manual(not the guidebook) reveals that the damage = max(2,level/3)d6 + (level/2). however, the range is absolutely left out and the changes in spit range can be extremely different in different games.

for example, in two of my drakeling bard games, one drakeling spat a range of 3 right from the start and improved to range 4 around level 12-15. however, the other drakeling started with a range of 2 all the way until he died at level 14. it's hardly possible to battle properly with a range of 2 and i was wondering if anyone could help my with the calculations. perhaps the range is dependant on stats?
necroLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:19 (GMT -5)

haha. i've found the answer to my own question. it seems that the range = min(strength/4, another number)

discovered this accidentally. i'd appreciate it if someone could verify this though. i'm pretty certain it's right.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 02:21 (GMT -5)

not exactly sure about the formula, but it indeed is based on strength. I frist noticed this while training strength in the wilderness with RoW and giant's/ogres. with str 2 the spit was about 2 squares. with str 80> it was a LOT.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: