Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Terrible black fever

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Hankjim
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 13:05 (GMT -5)

My promising lvl 10 high elven archer drank from a pool and became sick. In three turns he was dead, having lost 33 hp the final turn. In the end-game description he died from the "terrible black fever". I had never encountered such dramatic sickness effects before, and it was all the more surprising since I'd read that sickness had been changed in version 1.0.0 to be less deadly but longer lasting. Is this a new and more virulent form of sickness? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hankjim
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 14:08 (GMT -5)

There are two kinds of sickness, the lingerig wasting one that won't kill you outright and the fast brutal one that cause massive dammage over a relatively short period (if you live long enough).

Loosing 33 HP over 3 turns is far from unherd off, sickness and poison come in many different strengths, guess pools give a pretty severe sickness. Also thoughness and the healing skill play a major role. If you have low thoughness you take more dammage and are sick longer than if you have high thoughness.

On a side note I though the lethal form of sickness was supposed to give the "ill" status and not the "sick" one.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Kurupt
Registered user
Random ADOM player #56326

Last page view:

7981 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

I knew there were different kinds of sicknesses/poisons,but I've never had an 'ill' status before,only 'Sick'.I am pretty new to the game though,so...'shrugs'

Woman : If I was your wife,I'd poison your coffee.
Man : If you were my wife,I would drink it.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

I've never seen 'ill' either, I just seem to remember reading it somewhere...

Anyway kobolds, corpse fiends, mummies and what not all seem to give the non-lethal version. Guess this deadly version is only a risk for pool drinkers...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6314 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

I always carry healing potions and curaria mancox herbs with me so sickness isn't a problem... So I don't know much about sickness but I haven't encountered "ill" status either...

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

Hmph. Last char got killed with one drink thanks to sickness. No chance to drink potions. Of course, the fact that it was a gray elven necromancer might have had something to do with it!

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: