Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / C to N ... saccing what?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

turbo
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

Hi!
Going for my first ultra ending, I have gotten the crown and the medal of chaos. Now I am C and would like to get back to some flavour of N alignment. I thought I would sac a small amout of gold on a N altar to get my alignment towards N ... but saccing 10 gold got my whole equipement cursed (I almost died b/c of blessed --> cursed girdle of carrying). I tried to sac 1 gold then, and I got eq cursed again. Now. How do I get back to N? (my only amulet of order got cursed and might help - on the long run).

Any help appreciated!

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

Lawful things to do: give food to beggars(stomafillia, or if you have survival seeds are easy to gather in the wilderness), get a pet/companion into a fight and keep healing it.

Those are pretty effective.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6637 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

You can take off your equipment somewhere (just the PV) and whip yourself... that's my favorite thing to do :)
In ADOM of course ;)

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7069 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

sac 5 gold pieces will be safe

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/3/2004 at 13:14 (GMT -5) by illumi]
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Take off everything except artifacts - equip a gold piece if necessary. Then sac 10 gp at a time. You will continue to draw hostile attention for a while but your alignment should rise quickly nonetheless without anything serious happening.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 13:32 (GMT -5)

Really quick (and safe) way to raise alignment is to get a pet (scroll of familiar summoning will do nicely) and head to the underwater cave. Cast healing spells to heal your pet (assuming it can't breathe underwater of course). Works particularly well if you want to complete an ultra lawful ending but your character is very high level and still not L+.
Portrait
Danielle
Registered user
Queen of Teryino

Last page view:

7116 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 at 18:22 (GMT -5)

same with a pet in the fire tower
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 07:43 (GMT -5)

If you found a lawful altar anywhere, that will raise your alignment quicker than a neutral one. to be completely safe, stash all your blessed items somewhere (including at least one blessed scroll of uncursing!) then wield a si, equip nothing else, and sacrifice 1-50 gp a time. the worst that can happen is being hit by a bolt of true matter, which does about 120 hp damage iirc.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
turbo
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

Well that past... now I am crowned N and will try the ultra. I just realized though that I have "accidentally" killed a farmer in Terinyo fulfilling The crone's quest... so now the city is hostile and the druid will not give me the unicorn's quest. This does not look good, as I have already six or seven corruptions and some 11 SoCRs and 1 PoCC. And I cannot give the druid the orb guardians' corpses! I guess I will not eat the multi-headed dragon corpse and transform into a mass of primal caos sooner or later... too bad!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 03:16 (GMT -5)

you need to be extremele corrupted to enter the chaos gate when neutral, so you will need lots of corruption anyway
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 04:52 (GMT -5)

uhh, if Terinyo is hostile then Khelevaster will probably be as well.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

he will still summon the trident
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5738 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

You might have to kill him to get it, though. This happened to me once. I killed a farmer in Terinyo, so Khelavaster was hostile. When I gave him the scroll, he summoned the Trident, but stood on top of it casting spells at me. After doing this for a while, he picked up and wielded my Trident, forcing me to kill him (with one casting of Burning Hands).
turbo
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:33 (GMT -5)

Uh-oh, we'll see. Will do the bugs now (first time I ever enter the forsaken place), then the rift, dragons cave and mana temple. still no wishes though, except 1 from darkforge (AoLS). and no 7lb.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:37 (GMT -5)

be careful in the bug ruin because many good characters have died there

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

hopefully wil 48 and not too bad fireball effectivity will help. maybe acid ball. do you think lvl 30 is not high enough?v
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

it's high enough for a spellcaster but it might be hard for a lvl30 fighter type
turbo
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

Well it finally ended... i transformed into pure chaos in the palace of andor d. oh well, i should have expected some stupid mistake on my first try on an ultra ending. anyway it was lotsa fun.
btw terinyo was hostile when i asked khelavaster for the trident, but i was invis, so ppl didnt attack me and khelly gave the trident without attacking.

next try will be lawful ultra ending
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6478 days, 11 hours, 16 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 12:17 (GMT -5)

Lawful Ultras are the easiest, I've found.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 05:49 (GMT -5)

indeed. the white unicorn quest right before gate entry makes corruption a non-issue.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: