Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Smithing

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7035 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 02:24 (GMT -5)

what are the thigs needed for smithing and where is the best place to find them? any special strategy that works best?

and where is the best place for the gremlin trick? and how can i close them in if i don't have the magic lock spell?

thx
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 02:51 (GMT -5)

For smithing you need metal ingots, something to smith, a forge, an anvil and a onehanded hammer (ex. warhammer). Glod carries the only guarenteed anvil and an eternium warhammer and there is a forge in dwarftown. Don't use the ones in Darkforge, because of the massive corruption rate
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6502 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 09:09 (GMT -5)

Kherab also holds an anvil and an eternium warhammer. He's pretty tough though (2 attacks per round, about 150 damage each, loads of hp, fire immunity). Acid etc. ball + 7 league boots will kill him pretty easily.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6843 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 10:22 (GMT -5)

Lightning balls works very nice too, that takes care of the golems to =)
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

okay, but i am playing a pure fighter type, when is it safe to take him on in melee? atm im lvl 18 with dv/pv 73/46 and 4d8+40 something dmg and a speed of 125, no 7lbs tho. and where is the best place to forge? is lvl 3 ud good? low corruption rate that is. .

and about the gremlin trick? any tips? i suppose a low corrupting area would be nice there too, but quite high danger level for good stuff to drop. right?
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

If dwarftown was on D9, that's a good place. If you got spare, read some blessed scrolls of peace to reduce the corruption rate.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5658 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

UD:3 has no background corruption, so use that.

Here's the GB's section on corruption, you can find a table listing the amounts of corruption you get while hanging around in different areas. http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-0-10.html

You could also "drop the gremlin bomb", which means taking fluff balls to the water dragon cave and pickpocketing the gremlins which appear. Quite high danger level, no corruption, is underwater, so the gremlins multiply but also drown all the time. I haven't experimented with this myself, so someone might explain the method more precisely... Like, how to make them stop multiplying.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/5/2004 at 05:48 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6502 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 05:45 (GMT -5)

It's only levels 10 or below that have background corruption. For the gremlin trick, D:9/ID:9 is the most dangerous level with no corruption. You won't get that good stuff though. Try it on DH:2 however, and you'll get LOTS of good stuff, but probably lots of corruption. of course, you also run the risk of an emperor lich/balor/greater moloch popping up round the corner.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

thanks for the help, i've finished the game now :) you might see the charachter in the HoF soon.
Bob Dylan, the dwarven fighter. i ended up doing the gremlin trick on D:9 and but didn't find anything special. I smithed in the darkforge but only after closing the gate.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 06:18 (GMT -5)

very off-thread, but... ah, well, too bad =)

the gremlin bomb.. been having fun with it in 1.0.0 beta 15, I think.. easiest is to zap wands of door creation to cut the gremlins off of areas you don't want them to be. I've shut them off from everywhere but the big room where the water dragon is initially. then just teleport around with autoget scrolls, books, potions and wands. and pickpocket. that works for me. you'll just have to lock the doors as well, but with all the keys they drop... :D

edit: oh yeah, someone posted that scrolls and books won't be generated in the underwater cave, but I've had them generated. it's just that you have 1 turn to get them before they drench. but that wasn't 1.1.1
I almost consider it cheating... well, if it wasn't necessary to kill the dragon, it would be.. and all you need for that is drakness and a kickass melee weapon. ( I used eternium 2-h sword, and it still took a while, prolly 'cause he's a wiz, and only lvl 32 at that point)

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/7/2004 at 06:23 (GMT -5) by its author]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: