Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Do you want to [o]ffer peace?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

necroLord
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 at 23:15 (GMT -5)

i'm not sure if anyone knows about this thingy yet. it's been around for a long time and i've known it for a long time, just that i keep forgetting to post it. i'm pretty sure it's not in the guidebook.

when an enemy "panics" and starts running, chat with it a few(2-3) times and you may get the message "Do you want to [o]ffer peace?" when you return "o", the enemy will "gladly accept the chance to surrender" and become neutral towards you. this only works with enemies who can speak, and has its exceptions. i'm quite sure it doesn't work with swordsman, kobold chieftains and certain other peeps. this is quite a lawful act, which may help push chaotic characters to N for jharod's teaching. note that this also works when the enemy "panics" from the Scare Monster spell. so you could scare a dangerous monster and chat with it to make it neutral. there also seems to be a bug that causes the monsters to "panic" again after they surrender.

perhaps there's some way of using this to tame monsters? i wonder...
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3593 days, 1 hour, 24 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

i don't think so. This message appeared to me mostly with kobold chieftains and orc scochers. I've tried it lots of times but it doesnt work, u can't get a pet like that.

For the Horde!
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6501 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 05:37 (GMT -5)

I've had it with swordsmen. A nice effect is that it also gives you the xp as if you killed them.

there's a challenge game - get to level 50 without killing anything . . .
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3891 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 12:14 (GMT -5)

saccing monsters would probably be the easiest way to do that.

BTW do you get xp from reading scrolls, because when my char was at D:50 and lvl50 and I read a SoCR I got a skill raise
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6658 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

Something like that happened to me earlier Morio... I wonder if maybe it's an experiance plus turn driven thing? *shrug*
You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5817 days, 3 hours and 5 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

morio, but if you sac a creature, you kill it :)
--> you can't sac a cat, because that's killing one.
and i'm pretty sure they will also count as kills in the kill list
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3891 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

I didn't know that
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7034 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

yup that's true, but maybe offering peace makes the monster appear in the kill list aswell ?

i also got skill raise after reading a SoCR on D50 when i was lvl 50. don't know if it has anything to do with experience though.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5817 days, 3 hours and 5 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

i've had that socr reading stuff too :E
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7181 days, 23 hours, 51 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Once as a necro, I accedentaly hurt one of my undead pets. (They won't be diplaced in the dark!!!)

I was trying to stay N=, cause corruption+me=no fun. Ghuls tend to run away a lot, and when I caught up with him he offered peace. (can't remember if I actualy chatted or not, though...) Apparently I could still attack it without any warning, so after I made peace I accedentaly attacked him again. needless to say I was well below CN by then.
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5881 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 at 12:21 (GMT -5)

In the monster memory, it said "Goblins are even worse cowards than orcs" Try scaring a goblin.
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: