Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Embarrassing errors

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5612 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

There is already a thread of most terrible blunders but what about embarrassing (but not deadly) mistakes ?

I'll start with my latest wizard. Had just recently achieved some rings of ice by !oEx-dipping (didn't have any fireproof blankets so I just had to have a =oIce) and went to ToEF equipped with a =oFireRes and a =oIce. Since I didn't have an intrinsic fire resistance (and didn't seem to get it from a fire giant corpse, odd) I had to use spense a lot to keep the char at health. Eventually I made it, killing the ACW with magic missile and quickly hotfooted out of ToEF. In all I wasted about 100 blessed spenseweeds there.

Now, the embarrassing thing was, I had a ring of elemental mastery (not minor) in my inventory - identified and all and I had not bothered to check the guidebook for its features. Yep, fire immunity was at hand but just because of my laziness I used a lot of spense in vain...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6506 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

I once dipped two uncursed rings of djinni summoning into a potion of exchange instead of a potion of holy water. was damn glad the PoX was uncursed too . . .
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

After a long search for AoLS or RoDS, I finally got a wish from a pool. Having become so obsessive with the RoDs, I wished for it...
Mel
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 15:25 (GMT -5)

Another AoLS related story--
I found an AoLS quite easily in the Dwarven Halls dropped by a diamond golem (magic missile), so I eagerly hopped over to Khelavaster like an eager schoolchild, and, in my state of eagerness, chatted with him. I could only laugh at a conversation that probably went like this:

Me- "Hey Khelly, I got this amulet, bada bing bada boom, and here ya go! *crotch grab*"
Khelavaster= "*Gasp* You talked to me, didn't you?! Cah! That is it! *raises knife to stab through chest*"
Me- "Wait I have this amulet... ooh, that has got to hurt! *shakes him* Khelly? Come'on, put on this amulet!"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/14/2004 at 15:26 (GMT -5) by its author]
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7095 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 15:40 (GMT -5)

O.O ... he suicided?
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6847 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

Nope, but if you 'C'hat to him first instead of 'g'iving the aol he dies :P
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

feed the RoTHK to the demented little rat shit BEFORE going past the EG....
yah DUH

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: