Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / help!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Frederick
Registered user
X2.

Last page view:

7225 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 14:28 (GMT -5)

i have a level 31 high elven priest, rather powerful character.

Ive never done the minotaur maze before, so i thought i might just do it for fun this time. So i entered at level 29(high as possible) and got through safely. It was completely not worth it as the 2 PoCC were not enough to cover the corruptions i gained and the stats i lost. but it was interesting.

now, somehow, i managed to get my climbing set destroyed in the midst of the traps in that place. (i didnt even notice) im stuck on the northwestern part of the map.

I know theres a climbing set at the bottom of the rift, but entering the rift needs a climbing set in itself.

I can only think of one solution: stay in the Tomb of the High Kings until a climbing set is generated, which will eventually lead to my death by corruption. (i have 2 PoCC and 1 SoCR with me, have ~4 corruptions) what do i do =/
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6478 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

If you have a wish, wish for one. The tomb will probably generate one before you die of corruption.

I *think* you can pray for one, not entirely sure on that. IIRC, you get pick-axes, but I'm not sure about climbing sets.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

Try potions of exchange on some other tools maybe?
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5795 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

i remember entering the rift without a climbing set...
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

Um, thought you needed it to climb up to get to the rift! sometimes ppl get their sets destroyed on the fall down, which is why the set at the bottom helps.
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 17:06 (GMT -5)

go be red fish food you dude is done
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 17:31 (GMT -5)

If you really want to save this character scumming the bottom level of the tomb of high kings is your only chance. sooner or later (probably later) it will generate either a set or a wish.
of course, when ADOM knows you need a specific item, damn does it do everything to stop you getting it. once I got my only pair of thick gauntlets dusted with poison hands, and I figured my only chance was gremlin scumming as it would generate both food and the possibility of a pair of thick gauntlets. guess how many gremlins it took? FIVE THOUSAND. in that time an AoLS, a PoGA and a bunch of potions of stat were generated before the gauntlets. screw that!
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Frederick
Registered user
X2.

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

Alex is horribly, horribly right =/

ive been staying at the bottom of the Tomb of the High Kings for a while now. Ive managed to obtain another AoLS, a heap of stat potions and other useful equipment (eternium platemails/ tower shields)

thick gauntlets =P ive seen at least 15 pairs generated this game, and the horrible irony of my situation is that i have 3 climbing sets stashed in barbarians glade ("damn these are too heavy, i only need to carry around one") and i didnt touch the ones generated in the pyr. and grem cave. to top it off ive never envisioned the day id use a wish on a climbing set.

i really DO want to save this character becuase its not every day BoW comes in a surge of power, NEVER found a pole arm weapon of penetration before, managed to save khelavaster WITHOUT draining every pool in existence for once...

in conclusion, corruption better not kill me first =/

i have one more question though: can i enter the rift without a climbing set? could it possibly be that the climbing set is only necessary to trasverse the mountains to GET to the rift? im more than willing to get my equipment smashed and risk the rift rather than sitting here waiting for corruption to rot me. right now im building my climbing skill to try. (using my pick axes to dig holes and climb out of them)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3870 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

try to enter the rift but I think you limbing skill has to be at 100
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7156 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

you can make a diary and then publish it! Oh, well...

GB says:
The Rift is a wilderness location found in the northwestern mountains, southeast of the dungeon containing the Tomb of the High Kings. The PC must meet several requirements in order to enter it. A climbing set is required (although ADOM 1.0.0 and g16p2, at least, have a bug which causes this to be ignored) and the Climbing skill must be at 100. The PC must be at least experience level 18. If the experience level requirement is not met, the game responds with: "You do not feel experienced enough for this daunting task." Willpower must be at least 20 OR Perception must be less than six.

Make conclusions :)
It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
honzalinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 at 09:35 (GMT -5)

very, very impressive story. Adom, IMHO, really knows how to sour your life. I keep my fingers crossed.
Frederick
Registered user
X2.

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

ADOM is continuing to completely RAIL me.

I managed to get into the rift (turns out you only need climbin 100, and Wi 20+/Pe 6-)

Wander down to RL 1 thinking my troubles are over. Scan inventory for Wand of monster detection/ ? of monster detection. None. Thoughts: "are you $#@$@-ing kidding me."

Okok so then i teleport around the map randomly hoping to find that ratling. Not a one. =( =( =( I can only come to the conclusion that he got owned by the monsters down there. so now im stuck in RIFT without a climbing set, meaning to cant get to sinister library either.

moreover, corruptions are coming down on me hard. the RNG is not cooperating and giving me things like poison hands and mana battery repeatedly, meaning ive already used up my 2 potions of cure corruption.

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7156 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

did you check ALL the levels for the ratling?
It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7069 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 at 18:11 (GMT -5)

read scroll of magic map, perhaps there's a hidden room =)
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6480 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

kick all the walls, there could easily be a hidden corridor/room with him in.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: