Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Sword of Nonnak

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7182 days, 3 hours, 4 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

I've heard that it's really easy to find, but I've never seen it. Where is it, and how do you find it? Is it in the Dwarven graveyard?
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3892 days, 31 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

it's in Griff's grave in the center of the chamber where you find Nonnak and his "friends" just dig the grave
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

That's a chaotic act, isn't it?
KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6454 days, 16 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately, yes it is...
The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

but you won't have to fight for the sword, because there is never any monsters in the grave
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 at 17:01 (GMT -5)

"u"sing holy water on the grave ='s out the chaotic act<"a feeling of great relief washes over you"> and you get the sword, its usefull for wizards w/some sword skill, and the Wi boost, but shortly after its rattling fodder or sold for crowning <i dont usually get crowned till around then> but the EG's hidden further right of the grave are REALLY usefull in the ToEF
the keep your ice ring from melting if doomed or cursed.
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

I might keep it untill I get a better weapon. As a mindcrafter, I need all the Wi I can get.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6499 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

Plus, using the holy water means that you don't have to kill Griff. Just Nonnak's dozens of undead.

It's pretty good damage wise, plus the small bonus to WI.

My advice is to either find a ring/cloak of invisibility or get it intrinsically ASAP.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

I killed the big purple Z anyway....
I may have to go scum some pools for invisibility, but I'll have to finish all my business in the arena first. I REALLY need a ring of ice too. For that matter, I could use a wand of wishing too. Or Protector. And Preserver. And the TotRR. I could use lots of things.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6499 days, 14 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 22:37 (GMT -5)

You could probably scum the pools of the Dark Forge for it *if you can teleport* to the area. Otherwise, you'll probably be dead.

Check the PC or the UD for shops, if you haven't already.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 20:32 (GMT -5)

I'd rather have invisibility permanant-like after the arena. So I don't ahve to worry about food. But If I happen to have a ring, oh well.
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7164 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 21:27 (GMT -5)

good stuff like rings or cloaks of invisibility always get destroyed for me eventually. lately every three or four archers i play seem to get their bows destroyed right away by exploding doors. now thats frustrating.
For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3110 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 at 03:30 (GMT -5)

Rings and cloaks of invisibility increase food consuption by 3 (default is 1 unit per turn), so permanent invis or potons are a better solution.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3749 days, 10 hours, 59 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 at 18:21 (GMT -5)

I disagree. Permanent invisibility is quite inconvenient when it comes to the Arena (of course), and to fighting monsters, which don't see you and you consequently have to chase them around, probably adding at least 50% to elapsed game time. A ring or cloak allows you to choose whether or not you're invisible, which gives you more flexibility (and the ability to rob each store, once).
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6501 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

this is why you ought not to drink from pools until after doing the arena.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

I've never been a fan of permanent invisibility. Even when I have rings or cloaks of invisibility it's unlikely I'll use them at all.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

permanent invisibility is good after you've fought in the arena as much as you are going to
NMBLNG
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at 20:48 (GMT -5)

Wow, this thread really changed topic. Oh well.

They should make a 'Silence" spell, where monsters can't detect you either. Or make it that you can detect the presence of invisible creatures if your perception is high enough.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

that would bee good if you dont have the the see invesible intrinsic. you might be able to feel the presence but you wouldn't be able to tell what kind of monster maybe just the size. But thenagai there aren't that many invisible creatures and see invisible isn't that hard to get
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

Anyway, you should at least be able to see invisible monsters if they're one square away and attacking you. Monsters can see invisible PCs after they've attacked, so it would be fair. At least, instead of ADOM saying "something swings at you from nowhere" how about "something swings at you from the northeast"?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: