Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / I need some help!!!1

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
DRakelevel4
Registered user
Death to the living

Last page view:

7203 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 08:03 (GMT -5)

Ok 2 things :
1. how to raise my strenght, and any other stat for that mater to 99 without wishes.
2. besides killer bugs what other allpowerfull creature can i tame with my bard.
I'm tring to finish the game without making any kills.
you throw the blessed potion of gain atributes at the rat,you miss the potion is smashed,the rat hits you,you are bleding,you throw the amulet of life saving at the rat, you miss,the rat hits you, you get angry,you drink the blessed potion of poison,you cast slow on you self,you cast magic misle,it bounces you are hit it bounces you are hit .......... you are hit,you die
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 09:05 (GMT -5)

1.scum the ID/BDC for potions of stat/gain atributes

2. Killer bugs are pretty much the most powerful creatures you can tame with music because they are guaranteed
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
NMBLNG
Registered user
Wrath of the blade of paradise

Last page view:

7186 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 11:42 (GMT -5)

At the bug temple, eat the bug corpses. Thet will bring your willpower down to 1, but will always incease your Dex. Bring along ! of exchange if you get to 99. Then go find some morgia roots to bring your willpower back up.

The skill Athletics helps Dex, Str, To, and Ap.
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7038 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 12:11 (GMT -5)

in the newest version it is very hard to get dex to 99 by eating bug corpses. atleast for me it didn't want to raise more than to 40ish
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6387 days, 21 hours, 52 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

I am also trying to get through the game without making any kills with a gnomish bard. Here is a good startagy for getting a killer bug:

tame all the bugs (of any type) that come near you untill you have about 3-5 of them.

have them kill all remaining bugs untill you get to the killers

try to tame a killer and get the hell outta there with it.
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5821 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5)

nay... you should stay there until getting the goodies in the statues, that's what i say :)
Portrait
DRakelevel4
Registered user
Death to the living

Last page view:

7203 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

whell i allready styed got all the goodies but i'm having a small problem with the banshe any sugestions lost 3 killer bugs allready and i don't wana lose the other 6
And for you KoRn DogG i have 0 exp and i got a lot of killer bugs NA NA NA NA NYAAA, NA NA
you throw the blessed potion of gain atributes at the rat,you miss the potion is smashed,the rat hits you,you are bleding,you throw the amulet of life saving at the rat, you miss,the rat hits you, you get angry,you drink the blessed potion of poison,you cast slow on you self,you cast magic misle,it bounces you are hit it bounces you are hit .......... you are hit,you die

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/20/2004 at 04:16 (GMT -5) by DRakelevel4]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3115 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5)

Use Scroll of Familiar Summoning, and get some construct or undead companion (elementals, golems and dead stuff are immune to her scream). Or try to deaf one of your bugs (dunno if throwing a potion of deafness at your companion is an attack thou).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

Leave the bug on the floor above... go down kill the Banshe, go back up and get your bug.

I think that will work... won't it?
Portrait
Cepheid
Registered user
pigammagammadelta

Last page view:

7083 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 07:37 (GMT -5)

Instead of killing her you can just trap her in a room i think, turn on deafness, lock her somewhere and never go back there again :)
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 08:07 (GMT -5)

If he tries to play without killing anyone, then me thinks going after Banshee alone is a bad idea..
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7095 days, 1 hour, 51 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 08:43 (GMT -5)

some companions aren't affected by banshee =)
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2004 at 00:02 (GMT -5)

It's a little scary isn't it? Somebody comes, resurrects a topic under an assumed name, and we never see them again. Perhaps all topic necromancy is being masterminded by the same person...

If I was doing that challenge I'd probably lure the banshee to the animated forest and leave her there, after slaughtering a few trees of course.
Ashandarei
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

What use is to lure banshee to animated forest? It just gets more experience and becomes tougher.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3896 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 23, 2004 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

I'ts really nice to see lots of trees dying every turn, nice if you need a path through the forest
:D
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 24, 2004 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

The trees drop lots of items.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6718 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2004 at 15:05 (GMT -5)

just be careful not to be spat at by a fire lizard, dragon etc. it melts the earwax, fire. (found out the hard way)
And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: