Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Temple of Air

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6601 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

Any suggestions on what to wear (and what to leave somewhwere else) when taking on the water temple? I searched this forum & came up with a couple of tips on strategy:
Use magic missels on diamond goelems, & shoot arrows at air elementals.

I suspect yellow dragon scale mail would be nice, what else is suggested? I really don't want my nice artifacts to be destroyed.....
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6501 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

"I really don't want my nice artifacts to be destroyed..... "

not a problem dude. just trust me on that one.
I imagine you mean blue dragon scale mail, and yes if you don't have that (or some other source of shock immunity) you may have problems. going in there without either immunity or a couple of sources of shock resistance will mean a *lot* of damage and is not really a viable strategy. look though the artifacts list in the guidebook to see if you have any that grant resistance/immunity (hammer of the gods or nature's companion spring to mind)
yulgash himself is pretty much a pushover, so it's fairly easy just to dash in, kill him, grab the orb/corpse and run. just be careful not to step on the altar (and don't forget the orb! well, I did it once) oh, and bring a wand of trap detection.
leave behind all your obviously valuable stuff like scroll of chaos resistance, potions of stat/gain attributes, spellbooks et cetera. I wouldn't bother going through your inventory with a finetoothed comb to drop everything you might possibly need, just the major stuff. if your character is anything decent you can go in and out of there really fast and only lose a handful of junk.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
arkflash
Registered user

Last page view:

6601 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

Thanks Alex.
One other question, what use are the corpses? (left the ones in the water & fire temples, but I did take the Orbs).

What do you do with the dead meat? (OK, 2 questions, but they are virtually identical).
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6501 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

two things:
1) you can eat them - some of them give stat bonuses, check the gb. they all corrupt you a fair bit though
2) you can (if you're not chaotic) give them to Guth'Alak (the druid in terinyo) and he'll give you a blessed potion of cure corruption in exchange.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: