Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / miracles

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8217 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

I was just re reading the manual and it said in certain holy places miracles can happen if you pray. maybe they were talking about crowning, but maybe it's a spot somewhere on the world map. Anyone ever tried searching the whole screen? Maybe the RRI is just waiting to be found.
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 16:28 (GMT -5)

i didn't feel like starting a new thread, i was reading in the old forums about RRI. Did you know terinyo spells "One I Try"? Doesn't help much but it SUREEEEEEE is coincedental right?
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 17:36 (GMT -5)

anagrams for "red rooster inn"

TORR EIDAR SON
TORR DIE SENOR (lol, couldn't forget this one)
TORR RED ONE IS
TORR RED NOISE
TORR DOE RISEN
TORR I'D SEEN OR
RENDER RIOT SO
RENDER TRIO SO
RENDER IRS TOO (LOL)
DENSE I OR TORR
ERODE SIN TORR (HOW SWEET)
SEE IRON TORR
DIE TERROR SON (OK THIS IS GETTING WEIRD)
DINE EROS TORR (alternate ultimate love ending)
EDISON TERROR
TRIED SNORE OR
DEN RISE OR ROT
ODIN ERROR SET

there's too many to note for SoO
just a few though ;)
CRESCENT FLOP OIL MOON
CIRCLE FELON MOON STOP(SPOT)
CIRCLE TEFLON MOP SOON
COLLECT MORE OF INN SOP
COLLECT MORE OF SPOOF INN!!!!!
COLLECT ROME IF NON SP
COLLECT SERIF MOP NOON
COLLECT FOE PRISM NOON
COLLECT PROMISE OF NON
COLLECT NINE OF PROM SO
COLLECT SPINE OF MORON
COLLECT PENIS FOR MOON too funny
COLLECT PENIS OF MORON
COLLECT PIE OF MRS NOON
COLLECT OMEN OF PRISON
COLLECT POEM FOR IN SO
COLLECT SPERM OF ONION
CONNECTOR SIMPLE FOOL
CONNECT ISLE FROM POOL

wow i was gonna stop but the more i read the more interesting it is... check this out
lawenilothehl
HE'LL WIN A HOTEL!!!
A HE'LL LET WHO IN
A HOTEL WHEN I'LL
HOTEL NEW HILL
A WHOLE HEN TILL(IT'LL)
A HEN LET WHO I'LL
HALLOWEEN HILT
LETHAL WHOLE IN
AH HELL LINE TWO
HALL HOTEL WINE
AT HEEL HILL NOW (WON)

ok this might be too much, but it's interesting. i'm gonna keep trying some more odd names and such... ya'll should too :D
it's hard work looking for SoO, you mostly work for tips ;)
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 18:20 (GMT -5)

interesting thought-

the world map looks very similar to america. odd that thomas is from germany though, right? anyway, most of the major cities are on there, new york, philly, atlanta, tallahassee, la, seattle. plus the mountain ranges, the great lakes and the mississippii. am i reading too much into this?

Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

ok one last thing, why not. has anyone found the strange message before? dunno where i got it.

"Dear Lubaf, i'm sorry to dissapoint you but you won't be able to find the Scroll of Omnipotence in this place. I have hidden it more effectively. You will need to find the red rooster at dawn. Then you'll encounter the final challenge. with passionate hate, Alhacrast, Overlord of Jak-Nagiur"

fyi- alhacrast is an anagram for "altar cash/atlas arch"
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2001 at 20:39 (GMT -5)

lol, yakkin at meeself again...

the scroll was from smv, eyyyyyooops..
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7644 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

yay!these anagrams are *really* fun! what prog did you use? Is it free?

COLLECT PENIS OF MORON
LOL
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

yeah they're free, anagramgenius.com is one; there's plenty of sites though. i've tried combos of names like twyat pare and ryant and other weird names, there's a lot to search through though. the mad doctor's name is an anagram for frankenstein. cool eh? i'm kinda obsessing for clues on this topic, i waited in all the rooms in terinyo at dawn (5 - 6am is what i tried), no rooster, lol. one of the anagrams is collect spine/penis of moron, maybe you have to get the mad minstrel's corpse and give it to rynt or khelly...... hmm. he's a moron, right?

[Edited at 00:52, Thursday, October 04, 2001 by adomer]
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

Very interesting indeed. Did you know if you go onto the Remember Monster thing and type in Thomas Biskup it describes the creater, kind of like an easter egg or joke.
You could maybe try typing in a couple of the names you may find like Frankenstein, Lubaf, Jak-Nagiur etc, and maybe it will tell you something -also any names might be useful to say to the Dwarven Elder in the dwarven city?
Just a thought...
I'll also try them anagram things too, Blup's mother's name must be an anagram of something.

Sengoku
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 06:45 (GMT -5)

Lawenilothehl is also an anagram of "Hole in the wall", just checked it. Someone in rgrADOM-newsgroup had called it that. A fitting name, that, as there are several in there...

You can also type the name of your char to get a description of it. Though there seems to be something odd with that. I had named my char "Kobold" (after first kill, for Courage) and entering Kobold on monster memory query just gave description of kobold. Even renaming the char to "akobold" and asking about "akobold" still gave description of kobold. Hmmm...

Oh, as a funny coincidence that character later found Skullcrusher in KOBOLD vault in CoC. Later on I got Purifier as crowning gift (that was useful in ToEF).
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

Hole in the wall? Where is there holes in the walls in Lawenilothehl?

Sengoku
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 at 01:44 (GMT -5)

The leftmost building for instance. There is no door in there so it's just a hole in the wall.
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

So what does that mean? You can go it and out of the walls via access of the hole but that doesn't serve much purpose.
Maybe I could turn it into a shop or the Red Rooster Inn, your all invited but if you nick anything or cause trouble I'll see it through to the bitter end...

Sengoku
Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

7700 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

Edison terror... Odin error set.. Heheh, hilarious!! My favourite is: COLLECT SPERM OF ONION :)
What's the name of Blup's mother, btw? And what about anagrams of Hotzenplotz, Tywatt Pare, etc... and the randomly (?) generated names of the shopkeepers are also too weird not to mean anything!

Edit: Oh, and the anagrams might also mean something in German, too! (TB is German, after all)

You make my life and times
A book of bluesy saturdays
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

Isn't Tywat Pare an anagram of Wyatt Earp ? IIRC that was mentioned somewhere.
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, October 19, 2001 at 11:41 (GMT -5)

wow, people finally posted on this...

doing anagram searches reveals thousands of combos for words long words so i obviously didn't search all the results. but i checked a few random names that i could find at the Drakolor board's cheat thingy. i didn't find much but that doesn't mean it's not there. obviously thomas wanted the anagrams there...

hole in the wall is interesting for sure.. maybe you have to be honlding a special object while standing in the hole in that wall AT dawn to hear or see the red rooster. maybe you have to stop and command your character to listen or look..i dunno, lots of stuff worth trying, this is definatley more fun that trying to get an ultimate ending. i just lost my climbing set with a dwarf palading precrowned 4 times and i've only done the puppy cave.. kinda sucks..
Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 08:33 (GMT -5)

You have to rescue the puppy dog??? I thought you had to kill it!
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

7546 days, 18 hours and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

where can you find the hole in the wall? (I've been off for a while)
Money talks - All mine ever says is goodbye

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

Terry, the tiny girl wants you to rescue her puppy, why would she want it dead??
You might be thinking of Kranch the Raider or Hotzenplotz.

Sengoku
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

Terry: Ouch! you might want to read what the people say when they give you a quest. Why would the tiny girl send you out to kill her cute little lost puppy? Also the fact that it's tame and follow you around schould be a good hint.

Don't get yourself killed finding it though. That quest is mainly there as a early game challange, and a way to boost your alignment a little toward lawfull... Newbies are adviced to fogrget about finding the dog alive (there is a time limit), and rather explore those caves much later just for the exp and eq you might find.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 02:06 (GMT -5)

Yeah, the dog quest tends to get quite hard for low-level chars, though my current char (Dark elf priest) had no much difficulty with it (and yes, he managed to bring the puppy back alive). Though I had to use quite a lot of book spellcasting to get rid of those pesky antz. A nice thing is that I found a scroll shop in PC. And TWO levels with various herbs. Right now he has some 100+ blessed spenseweeds, 70+ uncursed ones and loads of MoM and MR though I guess I can't improve his Wi, Dex or To with herbs anymore (all of them are at 25+). Well, maybe if I swapped his Ch (4) with one of them...

Oh, I also have found 6 vaults (not a single greater vault though) in that game so far (2 in carpenter quest, 4 so far in CoC). The latest vault in CoC got me Bracers of War (though I had a lot trouble with a Doppelganger king - had to use lots of spenseweed there). I may well break my current vault record with that char. A gray elf priest (still alive, trying mana temple next) also had 6 vaults, though one of them was a greater one which netted him the Emerald Dagger (and Skullcrusher from kobold vault).
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 02:10 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, I tried a random char just for fun for that puppy quest. Got a troll barbarian. The ants didn't put up much of a fight but a vault golem made short work of him. Might have something to do with the fact that I had quaffed from a fountain earlier and got "You become depressive." (Doomed ?). Oh dear...
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 08:23 (GMT -5)

totally the subject here but what exactly does the Emerald Dagger do? I know it's not an artifact and I just tend to ignore them.
Are they better than phase daggers?

Sengoku
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

HEEEEYYY! About that hole in the wall you guys were talking...

J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 02:20 (GMT -5)

Sengoku: No, the emerald dagger IS an artifact ("Death's final touch"). Don't remember exact attributes but it grants poison resistance and is permanently poisoned (that GE Priest dual-wielded it with a phase dagger to easily clear a red dragon vault).
Portrait
Reaper
Registered user
The Templar

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

Now I'm pissed off... Just forget it...

J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

Speaking of vaults, that Dark elf priest char just found couple of new vaults (still not a single large vault). These two new vaults were both dark elf vaults, for the first time ever (to me at least).

Anyway, 8 vaults in a single game seems a little excessive, especially as I usually can't find a single one...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5656 days, 5 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 00:03 (GMT -5)

heh, this got off subject. i tried that anagram genius site, and couldn't get anything off Lufab. are there others?
although i did realis that backwards it's Baful, do a bit of out-of-the-box thinking and you're "Baffled" =-)
thats funny tho... collect penis of moron.... lol...

ivan.sourceforge.net
The Mishka
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

erm. what is a vault exactly?
you mean a room full of monsters? "You feel a certain tension" or the bigger "you feel exited"?
my char has got at least 10 before dwarf town so I quess you weren't talkin' about them.
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

Mishka: Vault is a large (or very large) room full of monsters. The message is "You feel excited." or "You feel truly exited." (for large vaults). The "You sense a certain tension." means just a monster room (and they are quite common). Anyway, there were 2 more vaults (and one large one), for a total of 10 vaults. I even found Protector (YES !) and Executor (WOAH !), plus scorched spear. Doesn't matter anyway, he finally got his ass severely kicked by The Big Blue... It's so unfair. I got Bracers of War, Protector, Executor, Justifier (crowning gift) and lots of other nice stuff and then... Oh well, back to the drawing board... BTW. HOW hard is The Big Blue anyway ? I tried high-level acid bolt but it didn't seem to have much effect. What would do that SOB in ? Acid Ball ? Fire Ball ? (too bad hadn't found any ball spellbooks)
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: