Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Underwater Cave Tip

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6663 days, 18 hours, 33 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

I don't know if anyone's done this before, but I had a wizard start with 2 rings of the fish, and a SB of Darkness, so I went to the cave. If you're in the darkness, none of the monsters will fight back, so you can go berserk and massacre everything. ^-^
You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 at 01:21 (GMT -5)

It's quite likely you'll run into dragon turtles/giant dragon turtles/greater WE/WE/giant sharks, which all have pv >20, thus for a beginning wizard it might not be a wise move, unless you have the luck to get a penetrating weapon. I killed blup's mum with a lvl 17 wiz ^_^
although it took 5 zaps of W/paralyze, about 20 castings of fireball and a while on berserk with a scythe of penetration. the para was to prevent her from fleeing. but it was SWEET, + I'm gonna get the trident anyway, IIRC. now I'm scumming them gremlins in there ^_^
Jurne*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 at 02:03 (GMT -5)

Well, I didn't find any WE while I was there, but everything I did find fell to my berserk bashings... I think I did cast acid bolt on the first few things- because I was too scared to just melee them and get killed.
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6719 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

hmpf. the item generation in the cave was almost as bad as in the gremlin cave, maybe it has been downtuned: they hardly dropped anything.
As I tested from a backup if it had something to do with monsters generted before blup's mom is killed, ie. dropping the bomb before killing her, she killed ME in the dark. I zapped her 5 times with WoPara, just in case, and it seems that when it wore off, she attacked me. that was almost funny.
anyway, that char is now dead and buried.

oh and sharks and giant sharks have ridiculously low pv, 0-3, it seems. one would think they'd have more
And my point was...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/1/2004 at 01:27 (GMT -5) by wakka]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1224 days, 18 hours, 35 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 10:17 (GMT -5)

Sharks should have that low PV. They are all cartilage, no bones or chitinous exoskeletons. They are like rubber, poke em a few times with a pointy stick and the die :)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

will that work in real life?
For the Horde!
Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6388 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 16:49 (GMT -5)

No, they have scales, you can try it out though and prove me wrong if you like 00
--
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

Sharks have skin liek rubber, yes, very thick, hard rubber.

When a hunter goes after them, they fish for them, because nothign RL, muscle powered could pierce shark skin before they attack and kill you. they also have alot of stamina and constitution, they can take hits and keep going, of course, if it were RL, other sharks would join in and help kill it, but by then your bloody too and your next in line to get chomped on. *though* more then 1 shark in an area is extremely rare, as they are very teritorial, so if RL were ADOM, there would be one shark in the cave, and the only real way to kill them would be to make them somehow throw themselves at something, like a wall trap, etc, whihc would mean for ADOM to be realistic in that since, the only way to kill a shark should be slaying or penetration.. but this isnt RL.. so all that isnt relabent.
Danielle unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

that was me
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7039 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 at 18:31 (GMT -5)

well there are many different kinds of sharks too :P
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

Also, keep in mind that in Adom you become stronger than it's possible for anything to be. Not many real humans can just go somewhere, kill 10000 other people, and come out in better shape than they came.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: