Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / It makes me wanna cry.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Danielle unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

I had a dwarven Weaponsmith, Ive been playing alot of them lately, and the problem has always been livign early without healign or any other means. It was started on creaters day, i had the heals faster starsign, I was kiking ass. "You feel a surge of power" so im like ok, well im dead. wonder what crap boss is gonna kill me, this was in level 4 of SMC, It was a named wraith, i managed to kill it!

Preserver. I almost jumped for joy, first ever useful surge.

I get through SMC and im omw to CoC, im having some food problems, i didnt bother to drop the anvil, and I had preserver on so im strained and food consumption is almsot as bad as a troll.

I get to a pool, say heck, my luck has been pretty good. I get teleportitis, and then pool dries up. *fuck* .. I continue and get to dwarf town. go to buy food, pickup a ration, *poof* you are attacked by muscluar dwarfs. I was able to kill all of them, but then I teleported RIGHT next to the shopkeeper.

*grumbles*
Portrait
Derek B Rackham Esq.
Registered user
Swordsman of Forcena

Last page view:

6960 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

If you were so hungry why did you not just pray for satiation? Surely that is safer than gambling on getting fed by drinking from a pool, at least the outcome is certain (peity loss). When you could have just sacced money or Sis in dwarftown to offset this, it would have probably been the go. This realization will probably frustrate you even further, but at least you wont loose another PC this way....
Tell me how to get stronger....
Danielle unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 at 19:53 (GMT -5)

No, i wasnt drinkign out of hunger, just cause i saw it and figured cant really hurt, I only prayed for satiation once, outside, near the exit to HMV
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

Like if pools can't hurt? Now THAT'S somthing new :D Never drink from pools unless you really have to, or don't care about the char.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Draco
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

After getting teleport control, I usually empty all pools that cross my path. It surely causes some tense moments now and then, but I think that wish in the early stage of the game really gives you a good push forward.

Well, I always save the damn Khelly, so it is no wonder that getting a wish (AoLS) gives a good push forward...
___

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/7/2004 at 12:58 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 at 16:52 (GMT -5)

Yeah, that's a good thought - My last good char did the same, got a wish from the last pool (drank every generated randomly, and all dark forge's pools), but lost control and gained teleport. A bit annoying, don't you think? :P
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7039 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2004 at 10:13 (GMT -5)

i always try to sell a blink dog corpse to waldenbrook in case i have to empty pools in search for a wish.

if i get a really eraly i wish i always wish for (pairs) of seven league boots as they are a true lifesaver, especially in the beginning, and because i often tend to find an AoLS or RoDS somewhere before i am forced to empty the pools for a wish.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: