Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / bug temple

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8195 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 19:16 (GMT -5)

this is a bit obvious but i just feel like posting, this is the first time i've gotten to play adom in a year or so and no one i know plays, anyway...

i had 9 potions of exchange when i went to teh bug temple. if you use uncursed ones they switch 4 stats, and blessed switches 2 stats. so i used uncursed for the first two switches and got them both on the first try. as long as dex doesn't switch to willpower you're ok. even if they go to something you don't want it doesn't matter cause it'll switch again. anyway, the second two i had to try twice, using blessed ones lowers your chance of getting the stat you want but it's worth the shot cause the worst that can happen is your willpower sucks and that's what morgia's for anyway.

you know i thought it would be boring to have such massively boosted stats so early in the game, i figured it'd lose the integrity of the game which is fear for your character's life or whatever, but it didn't. seeing the ball spells spread out so far was never so beautifull as in the ToEF and wiping out the whole floor in one fell swoop. many a dragon bowed before adomer on that day my good man. also, having a level 25 wizard meleeing hordes of eternal gaurdians to death is so fucking fun. with speed of 580 they're only worth 300K exp which blows. i got bored after getting to lvl 47. which brings me to my point.. by then i went from L+ to C- and i was about to go get the trident, whenever i sac 5 gold to my diety it dusts me over and over. if i keep saccing will he eventually pull me back to law? i tried giving money to beggars and healing and blessing monsters.... sucks..
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7901 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

Isn't it harder to change alignment the more levels you go up??
I remember once with a really experienced person that I could not for the life of me get him from L to L+. I used whips, amulets of law and saccing all the time but still to no effect.

Sengoku
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2001 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

About the bug temple, it seems like a good thing having such a great speed but it sounds like the expirience requirements are a majer from then on is serious disadvantage.
So why don't you reach the level you want first like level 50, then go to the bug temple??

Sengoku
Crimson_Fox
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 00:46 (GMT -5)

It is nearly impossible to get to L+ at high levels. The only way I found to do this is to take a pet to the Tower of Eternal Flames and constantly heal it. Curing spells are the only practical way of doing this.
adomer
Registered user

Last page view:

8195 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 19, 2001 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

sengoku right, i didn't that on my second character after i gave up on that guy. crowning would take way too long with a character of the wrong alignemtn trying to convert at high levels. at least i think it would, i'm not gonna try. :D

later
Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

im a bit new to adom, so this may sound a bit silly but why don't you just stamp on all the bugs?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

Terry: Heh, these are not your average cute little cockroaches. These are elephant sized lightning fast nasty killer bugs. They are more likely to stamp on you ;P

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 at 11:07 (GMT -5)

Very nicely put Jan!

Sengoku
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 00:17 (GMT -5)

but what about the rats? not the giant ones just the normal rats? why can't you just step on them? after all a big massive troll with huge iron boots would look kinda funny poking after a puny little rat with a short sword. i'd expect him to pick up that huge metal boot and *splat*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 07:28 (GMT -5)

Maybe that's the equivelent of kicking them? But rats may be very agile and jump around a lot. I don't know.
However when you over kill on some monsters it does say:
You splatter the rat and kill it.

Sengoku
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 25, 2001 at 20:12 (GMT -5)

I have splattered Titans so I don't think that line is refeering to you stepping on them ;)

Let's end this now before someone submit a RFE about Giants and Titans beeng eable to just crush small adventurers under theyr heels ;P

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5634 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 00:18 (GMT -5)

LMAO!!!
you just gave me an idea... not abt giants/titans stepping on you, but what if (just what if) there was a scroll that would temp. turn you into a creature. thats rite, a Scroll of Polymorph. of course if you turn into something (comparatively) bigger, you'd rip right out of your armor (oops, there goes my artifact full body plate. are there even any of those?). and you wouldn't be able to gain levels while polymorphed. also animals wouldn't be allowed to use an eq, although they could carry it...
how abt this: (and no i'm not going to make an RFE abt this... someone else can... but i can't figure out how. the email doesn't work and there isn't a tab abt it nemore on the main site.)
Cursed SoPM random creature that is weaker than you (like a rat or kobold, etc) of a lower level.
Uncursed SoPM: random creature of same level (yes, this'd alow you to turn into a Greater Karmic Worm, complete with teh karmic resistance).
Blessed SoPM: creature of same level (YOU GET TO CHOOSE!!!)
i know, this'd be *very* open to abuse (i.e. use WADOMF to give your char 100 blessed SoPM and just turn into an ElDeR cHaOs GoD and run around killing everyone... imagine that in your end-game summery: Dude, the level 50 wisard, killed Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, while polymorphed into an ElDeR cHaOs GoD.) but maybe this could be balanced by making them un-wish-for-able, and extreemly (EXTREEMLY) extreemly rare (as in 1 generated every 100 games, always below floor 25 [whichever cave it's generated in, it has to be below the 25'th level, i.e. lvl 66 of the ID or lvl 37 of the CoC etc] or something) unless you hack to get it...
dam thats a long post... all started w/ a comment abt giants and titans stepping on trolls. =-P

ivan.sourceforge.net
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7622 days, 17 hours, 45 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 26, 2001 at 07:02 (GMT -5)

there was RFE about polymorphing, TB said adom engine can't do things like that...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Terry
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 10:13 (GMT -5)

What does RFE stand for?
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

request for enhancement. bascly a suggestion.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: