Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Nice Dwarven Paladin

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3571 days, 23 hours, 7 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 08:15 (GMT -5)

The RNG finally decided it's time to give me some luck.
I statrted a dwarf paldadin in Dragon and he is now level 12. My second best dwarven paladin reached level 13 but he died in te arena. I've already completed the first dwarven quest and increased his LE to 14 with blessed !of Literacy.
He has a lot of good stuff and he found a battle axe of devastation, 5 5d6+7. However a gray ooze decided to destroy it and now it's only 0 5d6+7.
It took one hit to corrode it so much. I didn't think that was normal bur anyway. that's the only special item he has found, except green clothes. In the CoC he encountered 2wo vaults and 4 tension rooms. I had to run because some dark elven priestess was summoning spiders. I didn't have so much luck since gamma 15. I have a feeling he will die in the DH.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Mike
Registered user
I like magic

Last page view:

7194 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 12:32 (GMT -5)

Whats DH? Is it some big bad place?
You hit the Ancient Red Dragon and transform it into a mangled heap.

"sorry mr. dragon, I just tried to poke you..." -Zin Zu the High Elven Monk
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

yeah, it's on the 15-16 CoC levels. Ultra tough monsters are generated there. DH stands for dwarven halls.
Anyway, he died on D 13. He was killed by and acid vortex. on D 12 a shop ring was generated but that's as far as my luck goes
For the Horde!
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6821 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

I don't know why everyone travel through DH. ALL my chars so far have taken the animated forest way. It just requires some patience. But if you accidently hit a tree it becomes annoying :P
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 23:00 (GMT -5)

I always take the DH route, a few casting of magic mappings or blessed scrolls of magic mapping,teleport to stairs (sometimes wand of monster detection if im being paranoid) :) and DH is done for a mid level character.I treat it like the SMC, sooner you locate the stairs and get the hell outta here, the better....never had much luck with the trees! only time i managed it was when i found the crown of leadership.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5636 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

I always try to go through DH. If I spot something mean, I teleport away and go through the animated forest, but I always try to go through DH first.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

331 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

If you are litterate (which you prolly are if you can teleoport at will) you most sertain have one or two SoMMapping or maybe even the spell by this time.
Use it (bless scrolls) to find the stair and teleport.

I NEVER went trough the forest.. way more buggin..

EDIT: Missed Firestorms post so mine seem to be somewhat meaningless.. =)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/18/2004 at 05:16 (GMT -5) by Marillion]
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2004 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

hehe marillion. I like the literacy skill so much that ill always either play classes that get the skill, or i play grey elves since they get literacy as race skill. (grey elves are great since being neutral,you can still talk to yergius and so on, who wouldnt talk to lawfuls.....anyway, by the time you hit DH, all characters should be literate anyway since Thrundarr gives the potion. ( is it after first quest btw, cos like i said , i hate playing non literates)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 at 06:19 (GMT -5)

Just started a new dwarf weaponsmith, his strength and toughness a little lower than the first's. Hi sliteracy was 4 points lower which really sucks. I also found a club of devastation but was again corroded by oozes. I have an adamantium and murderous halberd but i'm using a crystal dagger to kill those oozes(i hate'em). anyway on D 9 a ring shop was generated. Inside there was a ring of djinni summoning. only 16000 gp. first time i ever find a RoDS in a shop. I'm going to play real carefull now and go through the animated forest instead of DH.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 19, 2004 at 06:19 (GMT -5)

buahaha. he died. ochre jellies on D 10. Shit
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: