Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / What do you wish for? _

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
KoRn DogG
Registered user
I wanna kill Andy sooo bad...

Last page view:

6389 days, 1 hour, 44 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 15:18 (GMT -5)

What should I wish for? My character is a level 10 dark elvish assasin, got a surge of power room and got bracers of war. He got his wish first drink from a pool. He has a poisonus adamantium dagger so I am thinking there are some things he might need other than a weapon. I was thinking maybe rings of invisibility (I love invisibility :P) or seven league boots. What do you guys think?
"I concur that we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do. When you come to realize why you dismiss all the other possible gods out there, you will know why I dismiss yours.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 15:35 (GMT -5)

There are a number of posts about what is best to wish for. I would suggest searching for those. IMHO ALWAYS wish for an AoLS (especially if you want to save Khelly of course). If you already have an AoLS then consider wishing for a second one (yes, really!) or SLBs. If you have an AoLS AND SLBs then I would suggest wishing for red dragon scale mail. It provides almost as good protection as eternium plate mail with the added bonus of guaranteeing fire immunity (critical for the ToEF).
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2004 at 18:17 (GMT -5)

You could wish for a statistic (not recommened though) rings of elemental mastery, (better to wish for the scale) rings of ice (too common), I would suggest what Gozer did for a lvl 10 assassian. Invisibility becomes too common a bit later, wish for what you think your char. needs. Don't let us influence you too much...
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 03:36 (GMT -5)

don't waste a wish on invisibility, because that can be gained directly from the pools.
SLB's, AoLS, eternium tower shields, Red dragon plate mails, a skill that you might need (like courage if you dont remember your first kill or if going for an ultra, concentration if you want to make a fighter-type into a caster), SoCR (but you'll want to store those somewhere until you need them)

Those wishes are useful IMO
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/25/2004 at 03:36 (GMT -5) by Morio]

Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

SoCR? i hate to get corrupted.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3598 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

Korn Dog, did you leave adom on while waiting for people to post?
My pc( imean xp Home) crashes always when i do that.
For the Horde!
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

7039 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 07:45 (GMT -5)

i would've wished for 7lb's without hesitation.
because they reduce the game time drastically, if obtained at lvl 10, you'll easily be able to close the gate before day 90.
and you will be able to outrun just about anything with blessed 7lb's, they will save your life more than once.
AoLS or RoDS for AoLS you'll probably find with some luck by the time you have nothing more to do than either save khelly or let him die.
Rings of Ice are to common but they sure are useful, but not worth a wish at this stage.

red dragon plate mails are too very useful, but i would've picked the 7lbs, but that's just me.
the greater moloch equips the hulking armor
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

Don't forget to wish for pairs of seven league boots.
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

6848 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

I would take slb too. Eppztr, I have never found a ring of ice with a char that came to toef so don't call it common.
I would never waste a wish though since by early 20ies you should have pretty nice non melting/artifact eq + eaten one fire beetle/lizard and wearing 1/2 fire resistance rings.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/26/2004 at 10:05 (GMT -5) by TheTimpen]
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2004 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

ok, they aren't THAT common but as you said they aren't really worth wasting a wish on .
although i have wished for rings of ice with 2 of my winners, but that's just because i am extreemely careful of my equipment because that is what keeps you alive most times.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/26/2004 at 13:26 (GMT -5) by eppztr]
Portrait
Annonymous
Registered user
USSR-obsessed Mad Science Geek

Last page view:

5887 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 17:28 (GMT -5)

I wish for JADE to be complete.
You load your crossbow with ammo of Iridia slaying. You hit Iridia exactly and slay her. You a thundering voice in your head booms "THOU SHALT NOT SLAY THE GREAT MODERATOR!!!. YE SHALL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!" Suddenly Jan Erik appears! You are hit by Jan Erik's arrow of banning! You die...
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 at 18:42 (GMT -5)

I really want that thing where you can choose birthsign. Since I end up scumming birthsign 99% of the times I play :P
Portrait
eppztr
Registered user
droog

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

99%? you must really suck ;)
TheTimpen
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 at 15:38 (GMT -5)

Not really I just hate getting candle or dragon when I want to be wizard. I choose race/class before I start playing, I don't decide according to birthsign like many other.
raven
Registered user

Last page view:

7137 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

a dwarven wiz w/ dragon and a little help from the GB in the questions is in my opinion the best in the game <smith, attack, cast> as a wiz you will get plenty of books{if low learning} + the St to fight off most early and whack anything later, after some Wi work...IMO
raven
Registered user

Last page view:

7137 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at 22:44 (GMT -5)

a dwarven wiz w/ dragon and a little help from the GB in the questions is in my opinion the best in the game <smith, attack, cast> as a wiz you will get plenty of books{if low learning} + the St to fight off most early and whack anything later, after some Wi work...IMO

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: