Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Quickly gaining experience

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Amazarak
Registered user

Last page view:

6903 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 at 12:55 (GMT -5)

Currently I have a spell-caster PC on lvl 41, and I need to advance to 45 to take Filk's quest... I'm looking for a quick-and-easy (maybe risky) way to gain several millions of experience points without diyng because corruption. I tried the following.
* Cleared all elemental temples and deep CoC levels. Killed all blue wyrms / dragons in Barney's lair.
* Several times Summon Monsters in SMC while invisible, then taking them out with missile spells. The result was considerable only when I summoned Shadow Wyrms, but it happened only once. Usually kobolds/goblins/swordsmen and so on are summoned. In short time the level swarms with experienced creatures, which are not worth killing (long time, low gain).
* Summon monster in such locations as Barney's lair. The result was even worse than in SMC.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Iridia (u)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

Got a wish? Go to the wilderness... wish for Emperor Moloch.

Make sure you can handle a dozen or so greater molochs before you try it, of course.
illumi
Registered user
The 1st child

Last page view:

7096 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 at 14:00 (GMT -5)

Blup's mum, then
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

358 days, 19 hours, 23 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 at 16:39 (GMT -5)

Why not go to lv50 and close the gate..
The balors and other foes there usually get me from L45 to 50 or something..

A highlevel MMissile deals with them..
Amazarak
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 05:39 (GMT -5)

Yes, but in order to attempt an ultra ending, I must retrieve ToTRR BEFORE going to D:50.
I thougth about wishing for emperor moloch and then playing "robots" (remember that game? :) with greater molochs. However, it would be nice to generate them in some location other than wilderness in case I was forced to escape... If they disappear, the wish will be wasted. So where it is best to generate them? Barbarian's glade? Outlaw villiage? Any ideas about that?
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

Dont know..
But you can't you close the gate ant then go back for ToTRR..
I always do this..
Close the gate as quick as possible to stop background corruption...
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6507 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

I don't think it's possible to re-open the gate.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

You can close gate, then go for trident but you cant kill Andy (thats what i believe) if you know otherwise,please share marillion, because when i get the trident, im always racing against corruption.

Wishing for emperor moloch is your best bet.....other than that (altho highly dangerous) if you can hold off corruptions, maybe try dwarven halls , since youre a spellcaster, maybe try the animated forest, light up some fireballs in the forest , hm,done bugville yet? Is the minotaur maze still open? ( i think its open till like 45)....hmm do you have the two corruptions (i think its thin and nimble and less weight) to go to the quickling tree...........or wear dooming stuff, hunt red dragons.....
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah, barbarian's glade is best place ive found to wish for EM.
*Chaos Muffin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 at 21:33 (GMT -5)

The best place to wish for emperor moloch is in terinyo, MWHUH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

I think it's possible to re-open the gate, but you can't get up from D:50 without swithing the staris and when you've done that, you cant get back to D:50
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 09:01 (GMT -5)

Yeah D50, but how do you get back inside the gates themselves to kill andy?? why would you want to go back to the d50 after clearing it and closing gate if you cant go back inside gate?lol, its not exactly a fun hang out place, unless you're an ogre emperor, hehe
Cepheid
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

Only terinyo because of the little island in the middle... make sure you kill all the moloches though... don't want to think what would happen to khele if you dont...
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

firestorm
If you read Morios post again you'll find that he was saying the opposite.
I'm sure that you can reopen the gate since I have tried and done it. And besides that, the Balors do I all the time if you don't get rid of them.

Anyway you probably can't return to d50 so I guess I was misleading you.
Amazarak
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 at 07:00 (GMT -5)

Actually, I did summon greater molochs in wilderness by wishing for mister Moloch Emperor...
It's quite safe when you have necklace of the eye or Farsight spell, because you can teleport to a safe place, nowhere near any g. moloch ... Advanced to 50 with no problems.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: