Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Potion of balace

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

358 days, 57 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 at 09:48 (GMT -5)

Has something happened with the PoB in later versions?
Isn't it suppose to modify the attributes to some kind of equalibrium?

Besides strength my medium statvalue is 35, and my strenth is 99.
Now drinking a PoB does nothing to theese stats nomather blessed/uncursed/cursed.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1224 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

I havent drank a potion of balance for at least a version, im smart enough to ID my potions/scrolls first :)

But yea, its supposed to average your Stats, and if its blessed it might give a small bonus as well in addition to bringing you closer to N=
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6506 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

From Andy's guidebook.

Potions of balance can be very, very helpful if you know how to use them. When you drink one, the game calculates the average of all of your stats, rounds it down, and adds a number depending on the potion's status. For a blessed potion, it's +3, uncursed 0, and cursed -3. The stat changes are based on this final score.

If a stat exceeds this score, it's lowered by one. If it's below this, it's raised by one. If it's equal, it remains unchanged.

Therefore, if you have a well-rounded character, with most or all stat scores close to each other and drink a blessed potion of balance, you will get a boost to most or all stats.

Potions of balance have a limit analogous to herbs in ADOM 1.0.0+: stats cannot be increased over ~25 using potions of balance. There is also another effect in ADOM 1.0.0+: alignment moves towards neutrality when drinking a potion of balance.

Note also that potions of balance take into account all stat-modifying elements including worn equipment, wielded equipment and corruptions.

What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6607 days, 8 hours, 20 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 at 09:13 (GMT -5)

Sometimes PoB changes stats as described,
sometimes it just changes alignment towards neutrality. The probability seems to depend on how high your stats are, but I'm not at all sure about this.
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5193 days, 9 hours, 13 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 19:07 (GMT -5)

Yeah, the guidebook is close to correct there. The numbers are all correct, but the potions chance either alignment or stats, NOT both. The chances are indeed based on how close your average is to 25 (the closer the more likely it'll just modify alignment).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: