Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How corrupted must I be?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Aladar
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2004 at 21:55 (GMT -5)

I need to know how corrupted I need to be to enter the Plane of Chaos. I cleared D:50 out, so I can wait indefinitely, but I want to know how corrupted I have to be so I don't accidently pass the Extremely Corrupted message and get myself turned into a WMoPC. Thanks!
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

If youre lawful champion, no corruption requirement.

For neutral or chaos champion,you have to be corrupted till the last to one corruption in the list..enter plane before you get last corruption, take off and drop medal of chaos, crown of chaos and sceptre) (if you have sceptre)..then start reading scrolls of chaos resistance.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

"take off and drop medal of chaos, crown of chaos and sceptre)"
You shall not remove and drop the sceptre, because you have to kill Adny wielding the sceptre in your right hand (You don't have to kill Andy With it though)
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Aladar
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 04:56 (GMT -5)

No you don't, Morio. At least not if you're going for an Ultra Ending like I was. Silly.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3897 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

if you are going for an ultra you won't need the sceptre at all
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6507 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

You need to wait until the message 'You feel extremely corrupted. (more) Your muscles suddenly stiffen (or whatever the corruption is)'
If you are corrupted enough the last effect on the list from pressing \ will be marked with Q.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Aladar
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2004 at 20:04 (GMT -5)

Yeah. I finally got a second ultra ending, after dying with other characters that were attempting it about 25 times.
Unnamed
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 at 01:32 (GMT -5)

You don't actually have to wield the Sceptre even if you are attempting only ChAoS gOd ending, I think. I remember testing it once and if I am correct, you won't need it. But I'm not absolutely sure, so don't blame me if it doesn't work. ;)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3116 days, 4 hours, 57 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 at 08:52 (GMT -5)

You need to wield the scepter or trident to absorb Andor's energies when you strike the killing blow - if you don't, the powers of ChAoS overwhelm you and you get turned into a regular WMoPC... and get eaten by some chaos mutant later.
A rather nice ending, isn't it? ;)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: