Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / crashes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

raven
Registered user

Last page view:

7137 days, 50 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 at 12:56 (GMT -5)

I have NEVER had the game crash, die, 292, or any other error, i have a high end athalon and SP2, what are you all doing to crash the game?
I have been in similar <not exact> situations and ADOM has never wrecked on me....not that i want to emulate this, but, what are you DOING?
Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6506 days, 20 hours and 47 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

I find 291 tends to happen (not exclusively though) when stepping on to a large stack of items. I sometimes get it while gremlin scumming.
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 at 20:22 (GMT -5)

Yeah, 291 is mostly from stacks of items. I once got that in the top level of the ToEF, but I back up my games for that very reason, fortunately. It's still a pain to do the ToEF twice though... I'd already killed the ACW.
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

358 days, 48 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2004 at 04:27 (GMT -5)

I sometimes get a bug where I can't seem to move one step without the game crashing..
It renders enough info to resume again though, but the same thing occurs immediatly after..
I can cast spells, change equipment and mostly do anything without move.. Teleport doesn't work either.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5662 days, 21 hours, 1 minute and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2004 at 06:04 (GMT -5)

I've had 291 a couple of times. Ignots and lumps of metal have done it for me at early levels, then I got one while clearing a vault deep in CoC. It doesn't occur often enough for me to actually get concerned and start making back-ups, but then I feel royally pissed when the game crashes. Poor old lazy me.

I did install some patch a while ago and I don't think my games have crashed since.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Zayl
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 01:11 (GMT -5)

...Currently Playing adom v1.1.1...

Hi all, i got a crash yesterday about absence of altar in the air temple?| It happen when Yuglash, the master summoner summones dozens of moloch.

I thought i had lost the potential dwarven barbarian (the first char to go that far).. but i found the char still valid when i reloaded the game.. anyone ever experience it before? and is the problem solved?
Portrait
einherjar
Registered user

Last page view:

6831 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

Every step I take causes adom v1.1.1 to crash on the battle bunny level, but it automatically saves for me. Now that Bugs is dead, it seems that they multiply much faster than before I killed him.
May thy wisdom be omnipresent.
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

358 days, 48 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

enherjar:
That incident I described above whichs is the same as yours also happened at the BB level.
I have had it on the level above the Arena once though..
Twinge
Registered user
Communist in Disguise

Last page view:

5193 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

I don't really know anything about this 'move and it crashes recoverably' bug, but as for the 291:

This is commonly refered to as the 'ignot crash bug' or something similar, becauyse it happens with ingots mroe than anything else. Basically, items are somehow generated with the wrong identified status, and this'll cause a crash (generally when you walk over them or do an extended drop). Vladimir has made an unofficial patch to fix this problem, which can be found at http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~houeland/adom/patches/contributed/AdomPatcher.exe
(obviously, use at your own risk, but it has not been known to cause any new problems)

(And I know I'm brining up some semi-old posts; I don't think any of them are old enough where this is a problem though, I'm only going back to page 2 ;)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/20/2005 at 19:19 (GMT -5) by Twinge]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: